Wiki Posts
Search

QR’s new pajamas are gross

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some
QR’s new pajamas are gross

I knew something felt wrong with the new QR pajamas and was consistently too hot on my recent flight despite the fabric being very thin / cheap feeling. Just checked the label and they are now 65% polyester .

If QR are looking to cut costs, this is not the area to do it! Bring back 100% cotton PJs please!
orbitmic and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

P.S. I know I’m a bit behind the times here but haven’t flown QR during COVID until now. I cannot believe someone thought it was a good idea to give these out in F now too.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Unfortunately they have been mixed fabric for a long time. Much prefer pure cotton too!
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:38 pm

Not "new", but yes, "gross".
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
I'll bring my old cotton ones then as I can't wear polyester as it makes me sweat too.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:52 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I too am a fan of 100% cotton BUT I found these PJ's to be perfectly comfortable. I slept in them for a solid 4.5 hours on a recent short overnighter & didn't sweat at all, YMMV of course.
pushka likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:06 am

Gotta say, I didn't notice the fabric blend until you pointed this out. I slept really well and din't notice sweating but I realise this could be more troublesome for other people.
What I would love, however, is a pocket in the trousers. I've only ever noticed VS to do this with their pyjama bottoms.
tinkicker, DiamondMile and sl1ppy like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wowzimmer
Gotta say, I didn't notice the fabric blend until you pointed this out. I slept really well and din't notice sweating but I realise this could be more troublesome for other people.
What I would love, however, is a pocket in the trousers. I've only ever noticed VS to do this with their pyjama bottoms.
Yes, agreed on pockets. F pajamas mostly have pockets (EK, WY, CX, JL, QR F before they started using the J ones), but J ones pretty much never do. The QR J pajamas before they moved to The White Company used to have pockets.

Perhaps I’m over sensitive on the fabric but pajamas are probably the main soft product bit I always use - I sometimes don’t eat if I’ve already had enough in the lounge, really don’t care about amenity kits anymore as I’d rather bring my own stuff and probably have approaching 100 sitting in a cupboard at home, etc.

I didn’t really want to add QR to the list of airlines I have to bring my own pajamas on, but oh well.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I travel with my own CX ones that I got a while ago... 100% cotton.. and button down top.. the best
the ones I get on the plane, I give away ..also make great christmas stuffing presents
BavarianFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
I travel with my own CX ones that I got a while ago... 100% cotton.. and button down top.. the best
the ones I get on the plane, I give away ..also make great christmas stuffing presents
CX are great. But thye only give them in First class. QR are J class PJs.
fotographer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I only take the pajamas for the slippers. It's wasteful and I wish QR could figure-out how to provide slippers to those who do not want pajamas.

I get hot in flight, so I change into a t-shirt and light weight mesh lacrosse/basketball shorts.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Slept fine in the new pajamas on two flights, didn’t get hot or sweaty. Couldn’t have said whether they’re cotton or polyester.

FWIW, White Company design has slightly changed, now navy blue pants with medium gray shirt, V notch at neck with contrast color on neck trim, small QR oryx tag on bottom of shirt. The navy color and V notch are slight changes from prior all-gray design with a stitched design at the nape of the neck.
lifeonthego_k likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Slept fine in the new pajamas on two flights, didn’t get hot or sweaty. Couldn’t have said whether they’re cotton or polyester.
That’s great for you but unfortunately doesn’t apply to everyone.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
My last two long haul QR flights only stocked up to a men's size large. No XL or XXL as with the previous PJs. I'm 6'5" with a 48" chest, so the size large were, shall we say, 'unfortunately' snug...

Also, my wife, who has a degree in textile design, noted that the thread used for the stitching at the seams is overly stiff, which makes the seams abrasive on the skin. She has resorted to wearing them inside-out for comfort reasons.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
My last two long haul QR flights only stocked up to a men's size large. No XL or XXL as with the previous PJs. I'm 6'5" with a 48" chest, so the size large were, shall we say, 'unfortunately' snug...
Oh, funny, my last flight there were no Large, so the FA gave me a M and said I'd be swimming in the XL... M was "well-fitted" on me, but on balance probably better than an XL

Anyway, back on topic, I would say that I prefer the newer version... I was never a fan of the old grey striped one with the buttons and their odd S/M and L/XL sizing. The White Company ones are noticeably "cheaper" (and don't wash as well / last as long), but the sizing and proportions are better. And the latest ones with the dark blue pants and notch on the shirt look pretty smart

And let's be honest, you're not gonna get cotton in business class. I'd rather get these ones, which are at least practical and can be used again after the flight, than nothing at all
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.