Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid testing to fly QR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Covid testing to fly QR

I am flying from LAX to Cape Town next week, on Qatar, with a layover in Doha. About 10 days ago, South Africa dropped their testing requirements for vaccinated visitors.

I have been asking Qatar if, other than wearing a mask, if there are any other requirements to fly on their aircraft. I have my vaccination card, showing both initial shots and both of my boosters.

each time I ask the Qatar staff via email, they send me a list of requirements for certain countries. But not once have they answered my question if a recent test is required by their airline staff prior to boarding.

does anyone know if the airline requires a negative test to be a passenger on their airplanes? I never thought I would ask such a specific question, but these are weird times and I’m dealing with an airline I don’t fly often. I know the requirements for South Africa and the United States. But does Qatar have their own specific requirements prior to boarding?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by kevinsac
I am flying from LAX to Cape Town next week, on Qatar, with a layover in Doha. About 10 days ago, South Africa dropped their testing requirements for vaccinated visitors.

I have been asking Qatar if, other than wearing a mask, if there are any other requirements to fly on their aircraft. I have my vaccination card, showing both initial shots and both of my boosters.

each time I ask the Qatar staff via email, they send me a list of requirements for certain countries. But not once have they answered my question if a recent test is required by their airline staff prior to boarding.

does anyone know if the airline requires a negative test to be a passenger on their airplanes? I never thought I would ask such a specific question, but these are weird times and I’m dealing with an airline I don’t fly often. I know the requirements for South Africa and the United States. But does Qatar have their own specific requirements prior to boarding?
No. Also there is no test required to transit DOH. Testing is only required if your destination country requires which is why I guess QR is sending you country requirements.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...uirements.html
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Flew LAX-DOH-MLE (after Maldives dropped vax proof requirement) couple of weeks ago and wasn't asked for my vax card upon checkin. Brought CDC card just in case because felt some unease in case of a last minute policy change.
BryanIAH and Wanderwithme like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.