Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Calculator

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Redemption Calculator

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been asked somewhere and I've missed it.

When looking at the redemption calculator it gives a figure of 180k for business (return) MAN-PER for example. However, when trying to actually book a redemption, the quoted miles can come in a lot higher e.g. 270k. What am I missing?

Cheers,
Richard
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:46 am

When normal rate redemption tickets are gone they may make X2 qmiles tickets available (ie. double qmiles). Given the numbers you mention in your example, it sounds as though one direction might be available at normal rate and the other at X2. There should be a small flag adjacent to the specific flight selector that says X2 (I think the flag might be green)
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KingCanute
When normal rate redemption tickets are gone they may make X2 qmiles tickets available (ie. double qmiles). Given the numbers you mention in your example, it sounds as though one direction might be available at normal rate and the other at X2. There should be a small flag adjacent to the specific flight selector that says X2 (I think the flag might be green)
Legend! I think it's the Q2 flexi awards that does it from the searches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.