Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit Through JNB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Transit Through JNB

I am flying with Qartar Airways and have an 8 hour layover at JNB airport. Will I need to get my checked bags and check them back in with British airways because my last leg flight to HRE airport is operated by British Airways?
I also just got notification that my layover has changed from 5 hours to 8 hours at JNB airport. After 24 hours of traveling from USA, what facilities are available for at least a shower or nap..
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pkmhn Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by Pkmhn
I am flying with Qartar Airways and have an 8 hour layover at JNB airport. Will I need to get my checked bags and check them back in with British airways because my last leg flight to HRE airport is operated by British Airways?
I also just got notification that my layover has changed from 5 hours to 8 hours at JNB airport. After 24 hours of traveling from USA, what facilities are available for at least a shower or nap..
Is JNB-HRE on the same ticket/PNR as USA-DOH? If all 1 ticket bags will be checked through to HRE
Anyway QR will interline to OW airlines on separate tickets--->QR Interlining (Baggage)

If you had to pick up & check-in with BA landside you would need to comply with all the RSA entry requirements what ever they are.[Visa, tests, ? etc]
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I would review the JNB connections thread in the Africa forum. This kind of question has been addressed a number of times there. If you still have a question, several members posting there travel through JNB very frequently and will have the latest information.

JNB / Johannesburg Airport - Connections, Facilities, Layovers, etc.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.