Wiki Posts
Search

QA carry on dimensions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat
Qatar carry on dimensions

So I have researched and seen that Qatar lists their carry on dimension as 20x15x10. . . How strict are they on their 20" dimensions ? I have domestic (USA) roll-a-way at 22x14x10 and I also have the "international" accepted size which is the smaller one. But almost every other airline and spec all allow 22" tall roll-aways. Is this dimension dimension just not allowed on Qatar ?

Last edited by anthem; Jan 28, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by anthem
So I have researched and seen that Qatar lists their carry on dimension as 20x15x10. . . How strict are they on their 20" dimensions ? I have domestic (USA) roll-a-way at 22x14x10 and I also have the "international" accepted size which is the smaller one. But almost every other airline and spec all allow 22" tall roll-aways. Is this dimension dimension just not allowed on Qatar ?
I have traveled in QR three times end of last year. They never checked in DOH or MLE. Mine was slightly larger than that with over 23cm.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Yeh, I am not sure why QR persist with publishing their unusual cabin bag dimensions, as they just ignore them and accept typical hand carry dimensions, although they do weigh hand carry from time to time.

Unless you're obviously bringing too much stuff or its overweight then Qatar don't usually make too much of an issue with hand carry.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
Yeh, I am not sure why QR persist with publishing their unusual cabin bag dimensions, as they just ignore them and accept typical hand carry dimensions, although they do weigh hand carry from time to time.

Unless you're obviously bringing too much stuff or its overweight then Qatar don't usually make too much of an issue with hand carry.
Will a 55cm x 32cm x20cm case be ok as hand baggage on a Qatar flight please? Thank you
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Will a 55cm x 32cm x20cm case be ok as hand baggage on a Qatar flight please? Thank you
Based on my experience, yes.
I have used a hand carry that is 56 X 33 X 23 with no issues in the past.
CharlotteC likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:07 am

Based on my experience, yes.
I have used a hand carry that is 56 X 33 X 23 with no issues in the past.
Thank you!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat
Thanks a lot guys. Helpful for that data points. Almost every doling bag is 22in in height so agree with above poster as to why they have such different dimensions. Almost makes you wonder if they want the option to deny someones luggage if they really wanted to lol
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:44 am

QR carry on terms vs Reality

I just booked DOH-MLE revenue fare in economy in November 2022. Had hoped to use Avios to book in J, but QR appears to have locked down award tickets during the World Cup.

Your post give me hope that we can bring (1) carry on and (1) personal and exceed the 15lbs total.

Just reading through the QR General Conditions sent with my confirmation and it does include the dimensions "One piece not more than 20X15X10 inches (50X37X25cms) weighing not more than 7 Kgs (15Lbs).".

I just don't want to be dealing with issues while trying to board my flight at 01:00. I guess worst case scenario is that they gate check our carry on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.