Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Qatar Airways | Privilege Club

QA carry on dimensions

QA carry on dimensions

Old Jan 28, 22, 6:51 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat
Posts: 36
Qatar carry on dimensions

So I have researched and seen that Qatar lists their carry on dimension as 20x15x10. . . How strict are they on their 20" dimensions ? I have domestic (USA) roll-a-way at 22x14x10 and I also have the "international" accepted size which is the smaller one. But almost every other airline and spec all allow 22" tall roll-aways. Is this dimension dimension just not allowed on Qatar ?

Last edited by anthem; Jan 28, 22 at 6:59 pm
anthem is offline  
Old Jan 29, 22, 1:37 am
  #2  
formerly dav662
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 3,589
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
So I have researched and seen that Qatar lists their carry on dimension as 20x15x10. . . How strict are they on their 20" dimensions ? I have domestic (USA) roll-a-way at 22x14x10 and I also have the "international" accepted size which is the smaller one. But almost every other airline and spec all allow 22" tall roll-aways. Is this dimension dimension just not allowed on Qatar ?
I have traveled in QR three times end of last year. They never checked in DOH or MLE. Mine was slightly larger than that with over 23cm.
Davvidd is offline  
Old Jan 29, 22, 1:59 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,896
Yeh, I am not sure why QR persist with publishing their unusual cabin bag dimensions, as they just ignore them and accept typical hand carry dimensions, although they do weigh hand carry from time to time.

Unless you're obviously bringing too much stuff or its overweight then Qatar don't usually make too much of an issue with hand carry.
plunet is offline  
Old Jan 29, 22, 5:53 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Yeh, I am not sure why QR persist with publishing their unusual cabin bag dimensions, as they just ignore them and accept typical hand carry dimensions, although they do weigh hand carry from time to time.

Unless you're obviously bringing too much stuff or its overweight then Qatar don't usually make too much of an issue with hand carry.
Will a 55cm x 32cm x20cm case be ok as hand baggage on a Qatar flight please? Thank you
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Jan 30, 22, 1:41 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,896
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Will a 55cm x 32cm x20cm case be ok as hand baggage on a Qatar flight please? Thank you
Based on my experience, yes.
I have used a hand carry that is 56 X 33 X 23 with no issues in the past.
CharlotteC likes this.
plunet is offline  
Old Jan 30, 22, 3:07 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Based on my experience, yes.
I have used a hand carry that is 56 X 33 X 23 with no issues in the past.
Thank you!
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Jan 30, 22, 4:25 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat
Posts: 36
Thanks a lot guys. Helpful for that data points. Almost every doling bag is 22in in height so agree with above poster as to why they have such different dimensions. Almost makes you wonder if they want the option to deny someones luggage if they really wanted to lol
anthem is offline  
Old Jan 30, 22, 11:44 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15
QR carry on terms vs Reality

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Yeh, I am not sure why QR persist with publishing their unusual cabin bag dimensions, as they just ignore them and accept typical hand carry dimensions, although they do weigh hand carry from time to time.

Unless you're obviously bringing too much stuff or its overweight then Qatar don't usually make too much of an issue with hand carry.
I just booked DOH-MLE revenue fare in economy in November 2022. Had hoped to use Avios to book in J, but QR appears to have locked down award tickets during the World Cup.

Your post give me hope that we can bring (1) carry on and (1) personal and exceed the 15lbs total.

Just reading through the QR General Conditions sent with my confirmation and it does include the dimensions "One piece not more than 20X15X10 inches (50X37X25cms) weighing not more than 7 Kgs (15Lbs).".

I just don't want to be dealing with issues while trying to board my flight at 01:00. I guess worst case scenario is that they gate check our carry on.
ratnrol is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread