Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
This thread is purely related to discussing QR Sale Fares.

Is the current 'Sale' actually a Sale?
Are the fares cheaper than previous Sales?
Is this Sale absolutely useless for your travel plans?

Well, here is the place to discuss!

Safe travels,

M
Print Wikipost

Sale Fares Discussion 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I did smile when I saw these prices. It is admirable that QR thinks these are deals. Prices are economy!!
Yes I had to have a double take at those as well. Someone will be along to say "supply and demand" but nevertheless it's crazy money compared with even remotely normal times, especially for Bangkok in economy.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had a email today about "Burgundy Friday" offers. Amongst them was the cracking offer of £6300 return Heathrow to Sydney.
Smid likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:21 am

Had a email today about "Burgundy Friday" offers. Amongst them was the cracking offer of £6300 return Heathrow to Sydney.
You'd need to consume a lot of burgundy to make that good value
Schwann, GalaxyChris and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
You'd need to consume a lot of burgundy to make that good value
That was my initial reaction and then saw that is pretty much the going rate unless you want to fly on Air India.

Still BA was £2k more than QR for the dates I was randomly looking. Gotta love a tryer.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Got an email with with the message below, still pricing is pretty steep I think.

For a limited time only, plan your dream trip and get up to 25% off and 2,500 bonus Avios. Plus, fly in Business Class to earn an additional 25 Qpoints.

Simply join Privilege Club and book using the code 25YEARS by August 28, 2022 to begin the adventure you have been waiting for.

It’s been a delight to share this wonderful journey together, and as we embark on the next chapter of our story, we look forward to bringing you even more joy and rewards.

*Terms and conditions apply. Offer applies for travel between September 01, 2022 and August 31, 2023.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Got an email with with the message below, still pricing is pretty steep I think.

For a limited time only, plan your dream trip and get up to 25% off and 2,500 bonus Avios. Plus, fly in Business Class to earn an additional 25 Qpoints.

Simply join Privilege Club and book using the code 25YEARS by August 28, 2022 to begin the adventure you have been waiting for.

It’s been a delight to share this wonderful journey together, and as we embark on the next chapter of our story, we look forward to bringing you even more joy and rewards.

*Terms and conditions apply. Offer applies for travel between September 01, 2022 and August 31, 2023.
I've looked at this and have some reservations about it's implementation. When doing dummy bookings, the selected dates and flights do NOT seem to show the flight offering a discount, nor that they are even part of a sale.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mcgahat

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I've looked at this and have some reservations about it's implementation. When doing dummy bookings, the selected dates and flights do NOT seem to show the flight offering a discount, nor that they are even part of a sale.
I have seen on a blog (forget which) that the discount is up to
  • 25% on economy
  • 0% on business Lite
  • 10-12% on other business fares
and of course it's only on the base fare and not surcharges and taxes, etc.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by plunet
  • 25% on economy
  • 0% on business Lite
The blog being paid to run the article is HFP and the comment section is not kind about it.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
The blog being paid to run the article is HFP and the comment section is not kind about it.
Thanks for the laugh.
Some of the comments are gold: "Qrap Qatar"
Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by plunet
  • 25% on economy
  • 0% on business Lite
I've managed to find two different pages at QR's web site that list the terms and conditions of the sale. They both refer to this sale (same code, same book-by and fly-by dates) but there are some differences.

Both pages say:
  • Booking period: 25 August 2022 – 28 August 2022
  • Travel period: 1 September 2022 – 28 August 2023
This page says:
  • The Promo Code is applicable on Economy Class (up to 25% on Classic & 25% on Convenience) and Business Class or First Class (up to 25% on Classic & 25% on Comfort), seats are limited and are subject to availability.
  • The Promo Code is valid on flight itineraries from the following Qatar Airways operated
    • From the United States to MEL, PER, SYD, ADL, BNE, ABJ, AKL, ALA, ABV, ACC, GOI, CEB, ADA, AYT, BJV, ANK, IST, ZNZ, CRK, HKT, DAC.
    • From the United Kingdom to SHJ, BAK, TBS, BSR, BEY, AMM, ABJ, LXR, KAN, PHC.
    • From India to ALA, ALG, CMN, ISU, KAN, MPM, PHC, SLL.
    • From Australia to VIE, BAK, LAD, SJJ, DAC, SOF, LCA, CAI, ADD, ACC, MCT, MPM, OSL.
  • The Promo code discount is deducted from the 'fare per passenger' amount visible in the price breakdown summary after flight selection. Any other taxes, service fees or standard market charges will be payable and displayed at the time of booking.
  • Qatar Airways will not be held responsible for any fare differences if a customer does not enter the promo code at the time of booking as stated in the Redemptions Conditions section.
  • The incentive is valid on Qatar Airways operated one-way and return flight itineraries worldwide, excluding codeshare and interline partnerships.
  • Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
  • In case of involuntary flight cancellation, the passenger can rebook and change dates or destination to any alternative Qatar Airways operated flight.
This page says:
  • Blackout Dates (Outbound): 16 November 2022 -09 January 2023; 07 April - 11 April 2023; 05 June - 05 July 2023
  • Blackout Dates (Inbound): 30 November - 20 December 2022; 01 January - 14 January 2023; 09 April - 16 April 2023; 08 June - 12 July 2023
  • Minimum Stay: 3 days
  • Maximum Stay: 4 months
  • The Promo Code is applicable on Economy Class (up to 25% on Classic & 25% on Convenience) and Business Class (up to 15% on Classic & 20% on Comfort), seats are limited and are subject to availability.
  • The Promo Code is valid on flight itineraries from the following Qatar Airways operated
    • Departure Airports: ATL, BOS, ORD, DFW, IAH, LAX, MIA, JFK, PHL, SFO, SEA, IAD
    • To Destinations: KHI, LHE, ISB, DEL, BOM, HYD, THR, BLR, MAA, BGW, EBL, NBO, EVN, BEY, CAI, CCU, TRV, COK, CCJ, DOH, ALY, LXR, SEZ, MLE, NJF, BSR, ISU, MNL, DMM, BKK, JED, KWI, JKT, MGQ, SGN, CPT, ADD, KRT, JNB, DAR, LOS, EBB, JRO, ATQ, NAG, AMD, AMM, MCT, RUH, MED, SYZ, IFN, ELQ, KTM, MEL, PER, SYD, ADL, BNE, ABJ, AKL, ALA, ABV, ACC, GOI, CEB, ADA, AYT, BJV, ANK, IST, ZNZ, CRK, HKT, & DAC
  • The Promo code discount is deducted from the 'fare per passenger' amount visible in the price breakdown summary after flight selection. Any other taxes, service fees or standard market charges will be payable and displayed at the time of booking.
  • Qatar Airways will not be held responsible for any fare differences if a customer does not enter the promo code at the time of booking as stated in the Redemptions Conditions section.
  • The incentive is valid on Qatar Airways operated one-way and return flight itineraries worldwide, excluding codeshare and interline partnerships.
  • In case of involuntary flight cancellation, the passenger can rebook and change dates or destination to any alternative Qatar Airways operated flight.
So, the US-specific page includes blackout dates and restricts to only certain departure airports (the GB-specific page has restrictions on departure airports as well, I didn't check other countries).

The US-specific page says the discount is only 15% for business class Classic fares and 20% on business class Comfort fares, while the generic page says 25% on both business class Classic and Comfort fares.

Both say the sale is only valid to certain destinations, and only on QR prime flights (no codeshares or interline).

I did a lot of searching yesterday and was able to find flights that it said it applied to the discount to, but in no case was I able to get a business class fare that was a good deal. From the US to Australia (LAX-ADL) the best I could find was over $6k; from the US to Thailand (LAX-HKT) the best I could find was a bit over $5k. (I was not able to get the sale to trigger when starting the search by indicating a QR stopover.)
Old Aug 27, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've managed to find two different pages at QR's web site that list the terms and conditions of the sale. They both refer to this sale (same code, same book-by and fly-by dates) but there are some differences.

Both pages say:
  • Booking period: 25 August 2022 – 28 August 2022
  • Travel period: 1 September 2022 – 28 August 2023
This page says:
  • The Promo Code is applicable on Economy Class (up to 25% on Classic & 25% on Convenience) and Business Class or First Class (up to 25% on Classic & 25% on Comfort), seats are limited and are subject to availability.
    • From the United States to MEL, PER, SYD, ADL, BNE, ABJ, AKL, ALA, ABV, ACC, GOI, CEB, ADA, AYT, BJV, ANK, IST, ZNZ, CRK, HKT, DAC.
    • From the United Kingdom to SHJ, BAK, TBS, BSR, BEY, AMM, ABJ, LXR, KAN, PHC.
    • From India to ALA, ALG, CMN, ISU, KAN, MPM, PHC, SLL.
    • From Australia to VIE, BAK, LAD, SJJ, DAC, SOF, LCA, CAI, ADD, ACC, MCT, MPM, OSL.
This page says:
  • Blackout Dates (Outbound): 16 November 2022 -09 January 2023; 07 April - 11 April 2023; 05 June - 05 July 2023
  • Blackout Dates (Inbound): 30 November - 20 December 2022; 01 January - 14 January 2023; 09 April - 16 April 2023; 08 June - 12 July 2023
  • Maximum Stay: 4 months
  • The Promo Code is applicable on Economy Class (up to 25% on Classic & 25% on Convenience) and Business Class (up to 15% on Classic & 20% on Comfort), seats are limited and are subject to availability.
    • Departure Airports: ATL, BOS, ORD, DFW, IAH, LAX, MIA, JFK, PHL, SFO, SEA, IAD
    • To Destinations: KHI, LHE, ISB, DEL, BOM, HYD, THR, BLR, MAA, BGW, EBL, NBO, EVN, BEY, CAI, CCU, TRV, COK, CCJ, DOH, ALY, LXR, SEZ, MLE, NJF, BSR, ISU, MNL, DMM, BKK, JED, KWI, JKT, MGQ, SGN, CPT, ADD, KRT, JNB, DAR, LOS, EBB, JRO, ATQ, NAG, AMD, AMM, MCT, RUH, MED, SYZ, IFN, ELQ, KTM, MEL, PER, SYD, ADL, BNE, ABJ, AKL, ALA, ABV, ACC, GOI, CEB, ADA, AYT, BJV, ANK, IST, ZNZ, CRK, HKT, & DAC
So, the US-specific page includes blackout dates and restricts to only certain departure airports (the GB-specific page has restrictions on departure airports as well, I didn't check other countries).

The US-specific page says the discount is only 15% for business class Classic fares and 20% on business class Comfort fares, while the generic page says 25% on both business class Classic and Comfort fares.

Both say the sale is only valid to certain destinations, and only on QR prime flights (no codeshares or interline).

I did a lot of searching yesterday and was able to find flights that it said it applied to the discount to, but in no case was I able to get a business class fare that was a good deal. From the US to Australia (LAX-ADL) the best I could find was over $6k; from the US to Thailand (LAX-HKT) the best I could find was a bit over $5k. (I was not able to get the sale to trigger when starting the search by indicating a QR stopover.)
Yes. It is a really messy 'sale'. The "up to 25%" discount is disingenuous.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:03 pm

Im about to book a yul-khi round trip starting late Oct or early Nov, should I wait a bit more for a sale or it will only get expensive?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Targeted promo

I received an email from QR that they have a sale "up for 20% off" valid for bookings through 30 September. Digging into the T&C, it's only 15% off for Business Classic, only valid from certain airports to certain destinations. Playing with it, I see the same results as their previous sale: it drops, e.g., LAX-HKT for two people from $12k to $11k. Nothing to get excited about.

Offer period: September 01 - September 30, 2022
  • Travel period: Valid for travel from September 04, 2022 - August 31, 2023
  • Blackout Dates:
    • Outbound: November 16, 2022 - January 09, 2023; April 07 - April 11, 2023; May 20 - July 05, 2023
    • Inbound: November 30 - December 20, 2022; January 01 - January 14, 2023; April 09 - April 16, 2023; May 25 - July 12, 2023
  • Maximum Stay: 5 months
  • Offer valid only for Privilege Club members
  • Offer valid only through the promo code: QRBACK
  • The Promo Code is applicable on Economy Class (up to 15% on Classic & 20% on Convenience) and Business Class (up to 15% on Classic & 20% on Comfort), seats are limited and are subject to availability.
    • To Destinations: KHI, LHE, ISB, DEL, BOM, HYD, THR, BLR, MAA, BGW, EBL, NBO, EVN, BEY, CAI, CCU, TRV, COK, CCJ, DOH, ALY, LXR, PHC, KAN, DUR, SEZ, MLE, NJF, BSR, ISU, MNL, DMM, BKK, JED, KWI, JKT, MGQ, SGN, CPT, ADD, KRT, JNB, DAR, LOS, EBB, JRO, ATQ, NAG, AMD, AMM, MCT, RUH, MED, SYZ, IFN, ELQ, KTM, MEL, PER, SYD, ADL, BNE, ABJ, AKL, ALA, ABV, ACC, GOI, CEB, ADA, AYT, BJV, ANK, IST, ZNZ, CRK, HKT, DAC, LCA, ATH, JMK, JTR, LED, MOW, BEG
  • Offer is valid for flights booked on qatarairways.com only for Qatar Airways-operated flights from selected origins to selected destinations as shown above.
  • Fares displayed in the booking engine include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges, all available fare options and applicable rules will be displayed at the time of booking.
  • Fares are correct at the time of publication; however, the levels may vary based on fluctuations in the tax amount. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights.
  • Additional blackout dates and weekend surcharges may apply. Please refer to the fare rules for details at the time of booking.
  • Please note that on selected dates and destinations, lower market–specific promotion fares may be available. All available options, together with the applicable terms & conditions for each fare will be displayed at time of booking for you to make your selection.
  • For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply to the entire itinerary.
  • Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class for Economy and Business Class.
  • Tickets are non-endorsable and nontransferable.
  • Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking for changes, cancellations and no-show conditions.
  • Other terms and conditions apply, see specific fare conditions while making your reservation. Click on 'Fare Conditions' from the online quote to view all applicable fare conditions.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I'm currently looking to book a BKK-DOH-LON return for March-2023, but am put off by the very-high fares being quoted on QR's website, and by OTAs. I'm not seeing anything under £900-£1,000, which compares to £600ish pre-Covid.

I understand why fares might be high during November/December, when the football is on and they might reasonably expect to charge more, but don't understand why this appears to extend well into next year ? I can get flights for as-little-as £600 on Saudia, or Thai/Swiss, for the same dates ... albeit (sometimes, not always) with less hold-luggage.

Does anyone expect a Sale, or a return towards more-normal pricing, in the next several weeks ?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:44 pm

If you look at the bigger picture - increase in oil prices, many airlines avoiding Russian airspace, quite severe inflation across most of the globe, airlines still trying to increase flight schedules, pent-up demand from the last 2-3 years and still dealing with border restrictions in places….

No, i would not be inclined to expect any significant decline in airfares for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.