Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR J Menus 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:11 pm

@indolatino - I'll be on this flight in a week's time; will look to take pics / post ... please remind (DM) me if I don't!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:27 pm

Programs: VA- Platinum
My first time in about 10 years on QR J flying BNE-DOH-MAN next month, I've been a regular on SG recently. Wondering how flexible they are with mealtimes?

My 14 hour BNE-DOH leg is due to push back 22:40, realistically too late for a fancy dinner for me, I'd rather just sleep first and eat mid-flight. My last trip on SG was similar and this basically amounted to missing a meal, how would I expect QR to handle the service?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by freebo
My first time in about 10 years on QR J flying BNE-DOH-MAN next month, I've been a regular on SG recently. Wondering how flexible they are with mealtimes?

My 14 hour BNE-DOH leg is due to push back 22:40, realistically too late for a fancy dinner for me, I'd rather just sleep first and eat mid-flight. My last trip on SG was similar and this basically amounted to missing a meal, how would I expect QR to handle the service?
You can have whatever you want whenever you want and any combination thereof. It is better to reserve what you'd like in advance and specify a time.

Personally I'd eat after takeoff and have another dinner just before landing. But then again I'm greedy.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Flying QR 704 with my vegetarian mother. Do they have a decent vegetarian option in J or is it better to order a special meal in advance? Not very many other dietary restrictions.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by knit-in
Flying QR 704 with my vegetarian mother. Do they have a decent vegetarian option in J or is it better to order a special meal in advance? Not very many other dietary restrictions.
There is always a vegetarian choice on the J main menu. I'm not vegetarian but often order that on board. It's usually good.
knit-in likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by freebo

there are likely to be multiple options on this flight a post departure dinner then a pre arrival breakfast.

With their dine on demand policy then in theory what you want to do should. In my limited experience how the staff will respond to your request to eat later will vary depend on the staff member
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
there are likely to be multiple options on this flight a post departure dinner then a pre arrival breakfast.

With their dine on demand policy then in theory what you want to do should. In my limited experience how the staff will respond to your request to eat later will vary depend on the staff member
Indeed! Some will push for you to eat with everyone else or insist that 1 hour before landing is 2 hours before landing etc.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:49 pm

QR843 HKT-DOH (2105 departure)

Easily one of the best QR meals I've had in a while. I assume it is catered ex-HKT given the more "local" items.

I can't remember the soup flavour but it was cream based with a lemon grassy taste. Followed by the crab cakes, the beef and then the mango dessert and cheeseplate.

In my excitement after boarding I ordered the hot sandwich which was probably a mistake as I was quite full. A weird but novel idea.. probably better as hangover food. The potato wedges held up well. I barely ate any due to being full.

SW7London and Turnpike like this.

Last edited by Schwann; Jun 27, 2022 at 3:56 am
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Schwann

Easily one of the best QR meals I've had in a while. I assume it is catered ex-HKT given the more "local" items.
Yup, it's definitely a local menu ex-HKT - makes a change from the generic ex-SE Asia and Europe ones, which can get very same-y after a while. I had the tom yum fried rice from the light bite menu as a main course, and it was excellent

Also good to see they have already updated elements of it from only 2 months ago
SW7London and Schwann like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kt74
Yup, it's definitely a local menu ex-HKT - makes a change from the generic ex-SE Asia and Europe ones, which can get very same-y after a while. I had the tom yum fried rice from the light bite menu as a main course, and it was excellent

Also good to see they have already updated elements of it from only 2 months ago
I had a very similar masaman curry short rib ex-Bkk a while ago that’s stellar. I think ex-Thailand flights seem to be getting catering overall that’s different from the rest of se Asia
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:07 pm

QR9 DOH-LHR (0400 departure)

No printed menus available. The FA came around asking for our "preference" without showing the handwritten menu they'd thrown together. Anyway surprised to have gotten the full brunch/lunch service on this flight.

Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann

These are the prettiest little things that I've seen as airline food for long while! QR really puts the stuff they serve on BA and SQ to shame.
I2sky likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by indolatino
Has anyone recently flown the GRU-DOH sector or is flying in the next two weeks - can you please share the menu? Thanks!
Here you go, as promised - was the menu from GRU to DOH on the Tuesday 2:40 AM flight. Hope it helps!

Schwann and indolatino like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anyone happen to have a USA-DOH menu from July yet? If not I go next week and will share.
HAF likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:05 am

I will fly LAXDOH tomorrow and can post it here. Guess won’t be many surprises;-)
ffman999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.