Wiki Posts
Search

Removing one person from ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Removing one person from ticket

I bought a ticket for myself and my nephew to fly from Zanzibar to the UK. The flight was 17 December.

Unfortunately my nephew tested positive for Covid in November and didn't travel.

We were both on one ticket so prior to the flight I went into Qatar Airways office in Dar Es Salam and asked the agent to remove my nephew from the ticket. She did this and said the credit would be available to use at a later date.

In a rush, I forgot to ask how we access the credit. I have looked under our Privilege accounts but nothing there.

Anyone know where the credit should appear?

Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Longton
I bought a ticket for myself and my nephew to fly from Zanzibar to the UK. The flight was 17 December.

Unfortunately my nephew tested positive for Covid in November and didn't travel.

We were both on one ticket so prior to the flight I went into Qatar Airways office in Dar Es Salam and asked the agent to remove my nephew from the ticket. She did this and said the credit would be available to use at a later date.

In a rush, I forgot to ask how we access the credit. I have looked under our Privilege accounts but nothing there.

Thanks.
It should be an EMD which is valid for 2 years from its date of issuance and will be emailed to you once it's processed in Doha.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.

Happy I don't need to do anything further than just wait.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

It's now a month since I cancelled part of the ticket and I haven't received anything from Qatar.

I would like to book another ticket but really need the refund voucher before I book.

Any advice? Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
It's now a month since I cancelled part of the ticket and I haven't received anything from Qatar.

I would like to book another ticket but really need the refund voucher before I book.

Any advice? Thanks.
Call in and ask whether the voucher has been issued yet. There's a possibility that they didn't send the email/send it correctly.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Well it's now 10 months since I cancelled the ticket and still no refund.

Someone from "Customer Care" contacted me months ago and asked to send a copy of the passport.

Then later they suggested I contact the Reservations or Ticketing Team in my city. I did and they cannot locate the Booking Reference or Ticket Number.

I emailed twice Qatar Airways in Dar As Salaam where I cancelled the ticket and no surprise, my emails have gone unanswered.

Should I proceed with a case in the UK small claims court? The amount I need refunded is USD$615.10.

Many thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.