Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Missing Refund From Canceled Flight. Caught Between AMEX and QA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Hello. Had a flight canceled back in September 2020. Two tickets for a QSuite in the amount of $7000. Asked for a refund. Took a few weeks but received confirmation that the refund was on the way. The credit never appear on my Amex statement. I spoke to several Qatar support staff who assured that the refund was on its way and there were just delays, After 60 days I called Amex to dispute my charge as the refund never appeared.

Amex asked for proof the flight was canceled, asked for my e-mails wth QA customer service etc. Provided all materials and Amex denied the charge back. Interestingly enough, I then get notice of a voucher from Qatar (weird). Fine, I'll take it. Today I went to use the voucher and learned that the voucher was canceled because my card was refunded. Double checked with Amex and they show no record of that.

So now, I have no refund and no voucher. Anyone have any idea what to do here? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!!
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by sky_throwaway
Hello. Had a flight canceled back in September 2020. Two tickets for a QSuite in the amount of $7000. Asked for a refund. Took a few weeks but received confirmation that the refund was on the way. The credit never appear on my Amex statement. I spoke to several Qatar support staff who assured that the refund was on its way and there were just delays, After 60 days I called Amex to dispute my charge as the refund never appeared.

Amex asked for proof the flight was canceled, asked for my e-mails wth QA customer service etc. Provided all materials and Amex denied the charge back. Interestingly enough, I then get notice of a voucher from Qatar (weird). Fine, I'll take it. Today I went to use the voucher and learned that the voucher was canceled because my card was refunded. Double checked with Amex and they show no record of that.

So now, I have no refund and no voucher. Anyone have any idea what to do here? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!!
Did you use AMEX to pay only or used the AMEX portal to book your flights?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Depending on the country of issue of your Amex card and the consumer protection you might have in local law, calling Amex and saying the goods purchased were not delivered and you want a refund would usually work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.