Wiki Posts
Search

Award availablity Xmas Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Award availablity Xmas Question

​​​Hi

Just a quick question regarding Xmas/NY time Qatar award availablity.

I'm after two J class seats to London on the 2.1.2022 but I've yet to see any open up. I've managed to book two seats BNE to DOH but struggling to get to London or the UK direct. I've booked seats to CDG and there was space to FRA but nothing to LGW or LHR. From the 17.1 award space is wide open.

So can anyone confirm they don't open space up for this peak period or is it just a case of waiting and keep checking.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 28, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Robcuk
​​​Hi

Just a quick question regarding Xmas/NY time Qatar award availablity.

I'm after two J class seats to London on the 2.1.2022 but I've yet to see any open up. I've managed to book two seats BNE to DOH but struggling to get to London or the UK direct. I've booked seats to CDG and there was space to FRA but nothing to LGW or LHR. From the 17.1 award space is wide open.

So can anyone confirm they don't open space up for this peak period or is it just a case of waiting and keep checking.

Thanks in advance
Are you looking on QRPC or another FFP?
Old Feb 28, 2021, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga
Are you looking on QRPC or another FFP?
Sorry I should have stated using AA miles.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
This is what I see for award space.

Seems like QR has no award space on 2nd Jan but for the other dates you don't see it's because QR counts that period as peak, requiring 2x Qmiles to redeem and at the same time, blocking it to other FFPs.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga
This is what I see for award space.

Seems like QR has no award space on 2nd Jan but for the other dates you don't see it's because QR counts that period as peak, requiring 2x Qmiles to redeem and at the same time, blocking it to other FFPs.
Thanks for this - do you have any thoughts regarding if they would they be like LH and potentially open up space nearer the time?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It's too early to predict the situation of Australia for January 2022 at this time. As you're planning to travel during Australia's high-season ( summer holiday ), if the border restrictions are lifted, it's unlikely that QR would open award availability for Australian routes in January 2022.

If COVID remains and the border restrictions are still in place, yes, QR would open availability for other FFP's as there wouldn't be enough demand to fill the planes with revenue passengers.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's too early to predict the situation of Australia for January 2022 at this time. As you're planning to travel during Australia's high-season ( summer holiday ), if the border restrictions are lifted, it's unlikely that QR would open award availability for Australian routes in January 2022.

If COVID remains and the border restrictions are still in place, yes, QR would open availability for other FFP's as there wouldn't be enough demand to fill the planes with revenue passengers.
Hi
Thanks for the reply. We have the BNE DOH leg booked so it's the DOH UK route that remains elusive. We have booked flights to CDG so it's not the end of the world if they don't open but it saves a 3 hour wait in Paris.

I just found it a little strange there were flights to both CDG and FRA but nothing to UK airports although I had read that flights were not scheduled till recently.

Will keep looking.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.