Wiki Posts
Search

How to contact Qatar from USA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Question How to contact Qatar from USA

I live in the United States and tried calling Qatar for some information on flights. I first called 1-877-777-2827 (phone rang twice and went dead), then tried 1-312-392-3679 and the phone never rung on their end. I have tried multiple times - nothing.

Anyone know a good number to call without out calling Doha, an expensive phone call for me!
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Have you tried to reach out to them through Twitter? That's been my go to for them. I find Qatar customer service to be very responsive and helpful through Twitter. I send them a DM
cheltzel likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Have you tried to reach out to them through Twitter? That's been my go to for them. I find Qatar customer service to be very responsive and helpful through Twitter. I send them a DM
+1

Get on twitter and send a message to (at)qrsupport. Has alway worked for me. Sometimes it has taken a few days but usually within 24 hours.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Received info on me trying to get Qatar

Thanks for the replies so far. I don't have a Twitter account and certainly won't use it communicate to a major airlines. I sent a message yesterday to them via Facebook and this is the reply I received. I guess I'll just keep trying the numbers that I have. I'm certainly not going to pay for a flight via Twitter.

"Our call centers are experiencing a high volume of calls at this time. We apologize if we cannot immediately answer your call. We appreciate your understanding. You can call our Global Contact Center in Doha at: +974 4023 0000, 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. If you wish to call another Contact Center worldwide, please visit: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/help.html to find the contact details. Thank you."

Sad state of affairs that I can't talk to a person over the telephone.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Maraluvr
Thanks for the replies so far. I don't have a Twitter account and certainly won't use it communicate to a major airlines. I sent a message yesterday to them via Facebook and this is the reply I received. I guess I'll just keep trying the numbers that I have. I'm certainly not going to pay for a flight via Twitter.

"Our call centers are experiencing a high volume of calls at this time. We apologize if we cannot immediately answer your call. We appreciate your understanding. You can call our Global Contact Center in Doha at: +974 4023 0000, 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. If you wish to call another Contact Center worldwide, please visit: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/help.html to find the contact details. Thank you."

Sad state of affairs that I can't talk to a person over the telephone.
Not sure what your objection is to using twitter to talk to an airline.; seems fairly arbitrary. They would be able to provide information via twitter but would not make you disclose payment info. That would likely be done on the website.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:46 am

another vote for twitter. they have always responded pretty quickly and taken care of anything i needed
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There are still people who want to discuss something.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Well I'm less than impressed.

Called the Chicago (the 312 number), a couple if the "All circuits are busy", the click. Finally on hold for 2:35 then click. Tried calling back and back to the "All Circuits" game. I tried to DM them on bothTwitter and FB last night, still haven't heard a word yet on those.

Just got to the "Please hold" message and music again after waiting from about a hour and a half after being stuck on the music for about 35 minute on Skype with another hang up.

Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Skype and other services or wifi call do exist.
But if you do not wish to use twitter or those, then your travel abroad will not be easy.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Maraluvr
I don't have a Twitter account and certainly won't use it communicate to a major airlines. I sent a message yesterday to them via Facebook . . . . .
Won't use Twitter but OK with Facebook? Odd.
Cat88L3 and ffman999 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
I used Skype to call the Privilege Club in Qatar. Got right through and received excellent service. That number is (974) 4023 0023.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.