Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access in MLE when first leg is on economy ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:50 am
Original Poster

My first leg for MLE -CME-DOH-LAX is on economy but the rest is on business class. Can I access Sri Lanka business class lounge in MLE? First leg is on Sri Lanka airline, the rest is on Qatar. Thank you.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:27 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
If you have no level with airline, answer is probably no. Don't worry, you are not missing anything. Was there 10 days ago...beside better sitting, there is nothing much to the offer in term of F&B. You can also pay to enter....not sure how much it was, but if I remember well, around 25usd per pax.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:27 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
No. You are not transiting in MLE so you aren't 'travelling between' 2 flights.

Last edited by realgaga; Feb 23, 2021 at 1:44 am
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
If it's all one ticket, and depending on a layover or transit (unclear from your post), then then you should have lounge access for the international short haul sector MLE-CMB (< 5hrs) due to the international long haul(s) CMB - DOH or DOH - LAX (> 5hrs) sector class of travel. See the second bullet point under "Connecting between oneworld marketed or operated flights".
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
MLE-CMB is the sorthaul of a longhaul in business, so you would have access if on a single ticket as both airlines are OW.

But your itinerary suggests that you are travelling on two different tickets: QR has flights MLE-DOH and you are in Y on UL. Then it is doubtful that UL will give you lounge access.
Also, be careful about checking bags if on two tickets. qR will typically do it (qR to UL), but I have no idea whether UL does it. OW policy is no check through, but many airlines do it.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
MLE-CMB is the sorthaul of a longhaul in business, so you would have access if on a single ticket as both airlines are OW.

But your itinerary suggests that you are travelling on two different tickets: QR has flights MLE-DOH and you are in Y on UL. Then it is doubtful that UL will give you lounge access.
Also, be careful about checking bags if on two tickets. qR will typically do it (qR to UL), but I have no idea whether UL does it. OW policy is no check through, but many airlines do it.
I redeemed miles on AA. It had the same PNR.
So, I think it is the same ticket, right?

I have 5 hours at MLE before my flight. Should I just go to Priority lounge instead? According to Priority lounge website it is locate before you check in for international flight. The check in counter not going to open for me to check in anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There is one lounge at MLE and the PriorityPass Lounge and the lounge that QR/UL contract is the same.
Sri Lankan Airlines does not have its own lounge in MLE. If you have PriorityPass enjoy the lounge with PriorityPass disregarding other factors.

Edit: False information corrected, see the two posts below.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Feb 23, 2021 at 7:07 am Reason: Stated
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There is one lounge at MLE and the PriorityPass Lounge and the lounge that QR/UL contract is the same.
Sri Lankan Airlines does not have its own lounge in MLE. If you have PriorityPass enjoy the lounge with PriorityPass disregarding other factors.
The last time I was in Male, PP had the Moonimaa lounge which is landside in the domestic terminal.
OW pax could use the airside Leeli lounge.
I do not know what is the current situation.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
The last time I was in Male, PP had the Moonimaa lounge which is landside in the domestic terminal.
OW pax could use the airside Leeli lounge.
I do not know what is the current situation.
Oops, you are right. PP members don't have access to the Leeli Lounge according to the PP website.
My bad.

So unless the OP holds OWS status or higher ( AAdvantage Platinum and higher ) he wouldn't be able to access the Leeli Lounge unless he pays the walk-in fee.
Although, as you mentioned he could use the Moonimaa Lounge with his PriorityPass.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
sorry to hijack this thread, but i have a similar question. im due to fly MIA-DOH-MLE (AA redemption) next week with DOH-MLE in Y since J was booked up. Im pretty sure, based on the screenshot above, that ill have access to Al Mourjan during my layover in DOH... but wanted to ask and confirm in case i only had access to the business class lounge which is pretty trash. I no longer hold any OW status

i am also entitled to bring a guest, correct?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rvlcr
sorry to hijack this thread, but i have a similar question. im due to fly MIA-DOH-MLE (AA redemption) next week with DOH-MLE in Y since J was booked up. Im pretty sure, based on the screenshot above, that ill have access to Al Mourjan during my layover in DOH... but wanted to ask and confirm in case i only had access to the business class lounge which is pretty trash. I no longer hold any OW status

i am also entitled to bring a guest, correct?
Yes, you would be able to access Al Mourjan as your long-haul leg ( longer than 5 hours ) is on Business Class and you are connecting to a short-haul flight ( shorter than 5 hours ).
However, you are not able to bring a guest. Guests are only allowed for status passengers.

Also, a reminder that your MLE flight should depart the same day you arrive at DOH or the next day until 06:00; if not, you wouldn't be eligible for any lounge access.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Yes, you would be able to access Al Mourjan as your long-haul leg ( longer than 5 hours ) is on Business Class and you are connecting to a short-haul flight ( shorter than 5 hours ).
However, you are not able to bring a guest. Guests are only allowed for status passengers.

Also, a reminder that your MLE flight should depart the same day you arrive at DOH or the next day until 06:00; if not, you wouldn't be eligible for any lounge access.
thank you. i was certain that there was a +1 policy for business class travelers to bring in a guest. has this recently been changed? maybe i am imaging things...
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rvlcr
thank you. i was certain that there was a +1 policy for business class travelers to bring in a guest. has this recently been changed? maybe i am imaging things...
Nor oneworld, nor Qatar Airways, have given guest lounge allowance to non-status Business Class passengers in the past. At least that's what I recall.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Nor oneworld, nor Qatar Airways, have given guest lounge allowance to non-status Business Class passengers in the past. At least that's what I recall.
I can confirm this.
However, oneworld first class passengers are allowed 1 guest with them, which may be where the confusion started.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Been to Maldives 11 times over the past 10 years. Its been the same tired contract lounge for 10 years. The only differences are the addition of the rear seating area and additional ceiling AC units (back in 2010 2011 it was hotter than a sauna in there). They also upgraded the bathrooms. Buffet with Covid is served by staff but skip it. You arent missing anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.