Wiki Posts
Search

Covid test result check at ZNZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Covid test result check at ZNZ

Any recent experience about COVID test result check at ZNZ airport ? Does QR check-in agents or anyone else ask to check the payment receipt in addition to the test result ?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Why would they ask to see the payment receipt?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Tanzania is not a country where QR requires RT-PCR testing prior to travel. Therefore, if your destination has a requirement of a Covid-19 test then QR will check against the requirements. IME they only really cared about the time of testing to ensure that it's within the required timeframe prior to departure.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
Why would they ask to see the payment receipt?
Because testing facilities are just a big joke here in ZNZ : they put the date of your flight or the date when you get your result (I don’t know exactly as I’ve read both versions on internet) as the testing date instead of the date you got tested on the test result because they can’t garantie a test done is less than 72 hours. I’ve read on another forum that some airlines, including KLM, which now anyway stopped all their long haul flights, are asking for the payment receipt, which show the date you are tested, in addition to the Covid test result.
Although French government require a test not older than 72 hours I got tested 4 days before my flight to be sure to get the result on time before leaving ZNZ. But now I worry that QR request the payment receipt to check the test date and to have to change my flight less than 3 hours prior to flight time and to lose 715 EUR in no show fee.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
Because testing facilities are just a big joke here in ZNZ : they put the date of your flight or the date when you get your result (I don’t know exactly as I’ve read both versions on internet) as the testing date instead of the date you got tested on the test result because they can’t garantie a test done is less than 72 hours. I’ve read on another forum that some airlines, including KLM, which now anyway stopped all their long haul flights, are asking for the payment receipt, which show the date you are tested, in addition to the Covid test result.
Although French government require a test not older than 72 hours I got tested 4 days before my flight to be sure to get the result on time before leaving ZNZ. But now I worry that QR request the payment receipt to check the test date and to have to change my flight less than 3 hours prior to flight time and to lose 715 EUR in no show fee.
No such requirement so don't fret
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
France or QR do not require a payment receipt, but Franc require that it be a RT-PCR test and 72h before departure of the first flight. Also some forms to be filled.
You'd better be sure that the date printed on your test results is indeed less than 72h.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:33 am
Original Poster

I’m onboard QR1488 ZNZ-DOH and about to take off. Fortunately, neither the doctors that check the COVID test result nor QR asked for the payement receipt.
It was such a big stress to have read a few days before leaving that some airlines like KLM ask for the payment receipt...
cheltzel and plunet like this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:50 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Just to update on this one. Dutch embassy in Tanzania has posted on Facebook that there are (from 24th Jan) Covid testing facilities available for KLM flights in both Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Kilimanjaro:

"TRAVELLING TO THE NETHERLANDS/UPDATE ON COVID-19 RAPID TEST IN TANZANIA*
Sinds gisteravond, 24 januari is het mogelijk om een sneltest af te laten nemen op Dar es Salaam Airport en Zanzibar (Migombani COVID-19 testing centre, dichtbij luchthaven). Per dinsdag 26 januari (morgen) is het ook mogelijk een sneltest af te laten nemen op Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA). Dit betekent dat directe KLM passagiersvluchten tussen Nederland en Tanzania onveranderd blijven vliegen.

As of yesterday evening, 24 January, rapid test facilities are available for KLM flights at Dar es Salaam Airport and Zanzibar (Migombani COVID-19 testing centre, close to the airport). At Kilimanjaro International Aiport (KIA) rapid test facilities will be available as of tomorrow Tuesday 26 January. This means that direct KLM passengers flights between the Netherlands and Tanzania continue to fly.
*Please check the Embassy's earlier post of 23 January for more information about the mandatory rapid test"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.