Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at LHR - Open?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Lounge at LHR - Open?

Covid - Is the lounge for OW Sapphire members open at LHR at the moment for QR flights?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
QR is using LHR T5 at the moment so you'll have access to the BA galleries club as a OW Sapphire member.
PAL62V likes this.

Last edited by realgaga; Jan 10, 2021 at 7:21 am
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you - I should probably follow up on this and ask if anyone knows whether pax starting from the UK and transiting thru DOH onwards to MEL, can use the lounge at DOH?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
Thank you - I should probably follow up on this and ask if anyone knows whether pax starting from the UK and transiting thru DOH onwards to MEL, can use the lounge at DOH?
As a OWS you're allowed to use the Business Class (Status) Lounge which is just to the side of Harrods Tea Room.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Hello. Hijacking thread. Any idea on an opening for the Plaza Plat in T5?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by marconess
Hello. Hijacking thread. Any idea on an opening for the Plaza Plat in T5?
QR doesn't use the Plaza Premium lounge at LHR T5?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Now that all red list flights arrive into T4. Is it the same for departing flights and by extension, is the T4 lounge open?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
Now that all red list flights arrive into T4. Is it the same for departing flights and by extension, is the T4 lounge open?
Nope, T4 is only an arrival facility. QR is still using T5.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: QRPC Gold, BAEC
Originally Posted by realgaga
QR is using LHR T5 at the moment so you'll have access to the BA galleries club as a OW Sapphire member.
I flew from Heathrow on 10 June, so there maybe updates in terms of lounge access, especially in Doha.

For Heathrow, they offered Aspire Lounge near gate A18 in T5 for frequent flyer members that are silver or above. Alternatively, BA Galleries are offered for members that are gold above (Sapphire). The Aspire Lounge is actually a surprise for me as a silver member, QR didn't state that in the lounge page on their website.

In Doha, silver member or above are most likely to be directed to Al Mourjan Lounge as usual. For Business Class Lounge (Used to be the status lounge), I believe it's for paid access. Both lounges are packed in my observation.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by arxxxx
I flew from Heathrow on 10 June, so there maybe updates in terms of lounge access, especially in Doha.

For Heathrow, they offered Aspire Lounge near gate A18 in T5 for frequent flyer members that are silver or above. Alternatively, BA Galleries are offered for members that are gold above (Sapphire). The Aspire Lounge is actually a surprise for me as a silver member, QR didn't state that in the lounge page on their website.

In Doha, silver member or above are most likely to be directed to Al Mourjan Lounge as usual. For Business Class Lounge (Used to be the status lounge), I believe it's for paid access. Both lounges are packed in my observation.
The Business Class Lounge at HIA is currently used for accommodating IRROPS passengers. Nice to see that QR silvers still have lounge access.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.