Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more face shields!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:56 pm

Faceshields are still mandatory in economy? I wanna fly with them from Madrid ( 200 eur difference with EK on the same date, same route) but this faceshields policy is annoying.

I contacted them like one hour ago in WhatsApp and I was told that they are still mandatory... But in their website (safety measures) nothing it's written about faceshields just in one PDF ...

Kinda confused 😕
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mrm3001
Faceshields are still mandatory in economy? I wanna fly with them from Madrid ( 200 eur difference with EK on the same date, same route) but this faceshields policy is annoying.

I contacted them like one hour ago in WhatsApp and I was told that they are still mandatory... But in their website (safety measures) nothing it's written about faceshields just in one PDF ...

Kinda confused 😕
They are not mandatory since December or January
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
They are not mandatory since December or January
For all routes? Including MNL and ICN as someone above mentioned...
thanks
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mrm3001
For all routes? Including MNL and ICN as someone above mentioned...
thanks
Yes, QR's face shield requirement was not route specific.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
From what I'm seeing, it seems like masks are still required on QR. Any word on whether they'll drop that soon, since most of the rest of the world has?
mr_botak likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:27 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I completed 2 QR flights in Business this week. Despite onboard announcements to the contrary, I am pleased to say that no passenger mask enforcement was made by crew (who mostly did wear masks). Some pax chose to wear them but were in the minority, by far. No mask enforcement at DOH airport either, thankfully.
endoman and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by NoY
I completed 2 QR flights in Business this week. Despite onboard announcements to the contrary, I am pleased to say that no passenger mask enforcement was made by crew (who mostly did wear masks). Some pax chose to wear them but were in the minority, by far. No mask enforcement at DOH airport either, thankfully.
Had the same experience yesterday. Not a single member of crew/staff made even a hint of a request to put a mask on.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
From Dammam to Doha they were handing out masks at the gate. That combined with the announcement about masks being required caused the majority of passengers to put them on. But for the few who didn't wear masks no crew said anything. For reference, Saudi Arabia did away with mask requirements some months ago.
As others have said, there was no mask enforcement in Doha airport, either in public areas or in the lounges.
For the Doha to Istanbul flight they asked at the gate if I had a mask. I did. The one from the gate in Dammam was still in my pocket. On the flight almost nobody was wearing masks except for crew. And in Istanbul airport very few had masks on.
NoY and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Zero mask enforcement in DOH airport, in fact most pax were not wearing masks.

Flights to/from LHR only crew wearing mask rest I would say only about 10-20% of pax with masks, zero enforcement on these flights

On flights to Asia bit of a mixed bag (i.e. enforced on BKK flights but not on CGK/DPS)
NoY, dmarge18 and Loungeabout like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Australia dropped their mask requirement a few weeks ago as well.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Was told by the crew on my DOH-SIN in J that masks were not required whilst sat in my seat (Q Suite).

lots of people in the airport not wearing them too.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:05 pm

We are flying Heathrow to Ho Chi Minh in Jan 23. Hopefully they won’t be required. The world has moved on. So should Qatar.
NoY and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Zero mask enforcement on DOH-DUB recently, at least in J. Some of the crew also half-removed their masks midflight when away from passengers, not that I blame them.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Zero mask enforcement on DOH-DUB recently, at least in J. Some of the crew also half-removed their masks midflight when away from passengers, not that I blame them.
I bet they’re more afraid of someone from management spotting them and reporting back to the dictator in Doha lol
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:23 pm

Blimey I'd assumed this was all long gone, but then I haven't been out of blighty for quite a bit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.