Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Save 50% when you gift or buy miles - 2 days only (ends Dec 15 2020)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

50% off seems decent considering award/redemption bookings can be made with up-to 49% less miles.

Buy Qmiles | Qatar Airways
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
With the discount, it's USD17.50 per 1000 Qmiles.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
With the discount, it's USD17.50 per 1000 Qmiles.
For 250,000 it's $3750 after discount which is a lower cost per mile

T&Cs
The Promotion provides an eligible member with the opportunity to earn a discount on Qmiles purchased during the promotion period from 00.01 GMT +3 on 14 December 2020 to 23.59 GMT+3 on 15 December 2020. This offer is available only for transactions made on the Buy Qmiles and Gift Qmiles store on qatarairways.com via the Points Platform only and when a minimum of 5,000 Qmiles are purchased and cannot be applied in combination with another offer that may be available on the Buy or Gift product. Qmiles bought or gifted through this Offer will count towards the maximum limit of 250,000 Qmiles allowed in a calendar year.
  • Price includes all applicable fees.
  • Purchased or transferred Qmiles are not refundable and will be posted within 72 hours.
  • Qmiles purchased or transferred do not count towards qualification for any increased or improved status in the Privilege Club programme.
  • All standard Privilege Club programme terms and conditions apply.
  • Qatar Airways reserves the right to change the pricing and terms of the Buy, Gift and Transfer option at any time.
  • Members can buy, gift or transfer up to 250,000 Qmiles per calendar year.
  • To buy or gift, prices start from US$35 and go as low as US$30 for every block of 1,000 Qmiles.
  • To transfer, prices start from US$15 and go as low as US$13 for every block of 1,000 Qmiles
  • The price depends on the number of Qmiles bought or purchased in a transaction.
  • Members must have earned a minimum of 1,000 Qmiles since enrolment to purchase additional Qmiles.
  • Members must have a minimum balance of 1,000 Qmiles to gift Qmiles.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I bought some and I think its a pretty good deal for C tickets, in particular with their new fare structure. Buying a Europe-Asia through this miles offer costs about the same as a Basic ticket, but you still get seat selection and Al Mourjan with a reward ticket. And for a short winter break 2021: around 1.100 € Europe-DOH or 1.240€ Europe-Oman (MCT or SLL) with full lounge access i find quite attractive..and booked Of course, to get their lowest priced miles tickets you need some head time with booking.

Last edited by homer3152; Dec 15, 2020 at 3:30 am
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:58 pm

I know a lot of people say its not worth it but those of us in Qatar get the worst of the deals when it comes to flight prices. So if you wanted the 172,000 miles for a return flight to Europe for a family of four economy, that was around QR9,000 with the 50% sale.
Currently a flight to the UK is more than QR18,000 so by doing this you would save half.
Flying Bosun likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ben_W
I know a lot of people say its not worth it but those of us in Qatar get the worst of the deals when it comes to flight prices. So if you wanted the 172,000 miles for a return flight to Europe for a family of four economy, that was around QR9,000 with the 50% sale.
Currently a flight to the UK is more than QR18,000 so by doing this you would save half.
Flights to Doha (as final destination) can also be heavy on the pocket - though not quite so regularly burdensome at ex-DOH fares: both are great targets for miles or avios.

Unless there's a significant $-saving, I can't see going through the faff of acquiring miles to then face the uncertainty of availability. We should probably include as part of the mileage cost those miles that would otherwise have been accrued from a cash-acquired ticket.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Flights to Doha (as final destination) can also be heavy on the pocket - though not quite so regularly burdensome at ex-DOH fares: both are great targets for miles or avios.

Unless there's a significant $-saving, I can't see going through the faff of acquiring miles to then face the uncertainty of availability. We should probably include as part of the mileage cost those miles that would otherwise have been accrued from a cash-acquired ticket.
Yes they can also be expensive but in quite a lot of cases a LHR-DOH return is now more than half the price of a DOH-LHR return. That’s why so many of us expats book our flights the other way around. Even with the cost of having to make changes to the return date from time to time it saves you so much.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ben_W
Yes they can also be expensive but in quite a lot of cases a LHR-DOH return is now more than half the price of a DOH-LHR return. That’s why so many of us expats book our flights the other way around. Even with the cost of having to make changes to the return date from time to time it saves you so much.
At a time when a QR round-trip Doha Manchester economy ticket was comfortably north of £1000, a helpful friend saved me almost £500 by suggesting an avios ticket from Doha to Muscat then a separate MCT DOH MAN DOH ticket. No idea if the wheeze still works, and the faff and time penalty might not suit everybody: but I was happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.