Search

PCR Tests

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2020, 11:45 pm
Nkm
Original Poster

PCR Tests

Hi,
Does QR require passengers from US to DOH, with DOH being final destination to do a rapid PCR test? If so, how many hours before would I need to do so?

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Nkm
Hi,
Does QR require passengers from US to DOH, with DOH being final destination to do a rapid PCR test? If so, how many hours before would I need to do so?

Thanks!
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...uirements.html
Old Nov 16, 2020, 12:00 am
Nkm
Original Poster

Yes, I saw this link, perhaps I should be more clear. I called up QR twice, one said it was required and another said it wasn't, so I'm confused.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Is Doha your final destination or do you have a connecting flight on a separate ticket?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:03 am
Nkm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Is Doha your final destination or do you have a connecting flight on a separate ticket?
Yes its the final destination. Would they accept tests done 72 hours before or 48 hours?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
You would not need a COVID test as the USA is considered a high-risk country according to the Qatar MOPH and there are no approved labs by the MOPH in the USA.
You would need to hotel quarantine upon your arrival at DOH for at least 7 days, followed by another 7 days of home quarantine.

Source:
So, if you prefer to do a COVID test in the USA, that would be at your own expense for no reason other than your personal comfort.
You would be tested in DOH at your quarantine hotel.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:11 am
Nkm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You would not need a COVID test as the USA is considered a high-risk country according to the Qatar MOPH and there are no approved labs by the MOPH in the USA.
You would need to hotel quarantine upon your arrival at DOH for at least 7 days, followed by another 7 days of home quarantine.

Source:

So, if you prefer to do a COVID test in the USA, that would be at your own expense for no reason other than your personal comfort.
You would be tested in DOH at your quarantine hotel.
I got it, however when I called them up to alter a booking, they said it was required. They're not being clear on anything, and that is my issue.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nkm
I got it, however when I called them up to alter a booking, they said it was required. They're not being clear on anything, and that is my issue.
QR also doesn't have their own COVID test requirement for departures from JFK so I think that the agent gave you incorrect information.
If you have an approved quarantine package for Qatar, without a COVID test, you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.