Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR unbundles business class with new R fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
Please check the table below to see if you are impacted by the new changes.

NEW FARE FAMILIES (AND ITS ATTRIBUTES) ONLY APPLY TO TICKETS ISSUED ON QR 157 STOCK.

For FAQs related to the new fare families, visit https://www.qatarairways.com/tradepa...eFamilies.html.

Print Wikipost

QR unbundles business class with new R fares

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Once the outstation QR lounges reopen will R class ticket holders be able to pay a fee for access? I assume this would be the case as you can pay at DOH.

Anyone have any info and an idea of pricing?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Once the outstation QR lounges reopen will R class ticket holders be able to pay a fee for access? I assume this would be the case as you can pay at DOH.

Anyone have any info and an idea of pricing?

Thanks in advance.
No information yet announced.
If I'm not wrong the QR Lounge in Beirut is open at this point but we haven't heard about any paid entrance to that lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:19 am

Hi all, does anyone know whether the R fares include fast track security/immigration lanes in London Heathrow?

Any info on whether fast track security/immigration is offered for R fare customers in Doha (when transiting to connecting flight), Sri Lanka or Jakarta too would also be much appreciated!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by traveluxe
Hi all, does anyone know whether the R fares include fast track security/immigration lanes in London Heathrow?

Any info on whether fast track security/immigration is offered for R fare customers in Doha (when transiting to connecting flight), Sri Lanka or Jakarta too would also be much appreciated!
R fares do include fast-track security where available.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Went with R fare through business sec lane in doha recently. No questions ask
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
R fares do include fast-track security where available.
Written rule? Trying to understand how any person monitoring fast track at any airport distinguish between R/I/D/C/J?
Old Apr 22, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by mileageking
Written rule? Trying to understand how any person monitoring fast track at any airport distinguish between R/I/D/C/J?
Dont think it's a written rule. They just look at class of service on boarding pass in my experience so really no way to distinguish
mileageking and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileageking
In DOH, one agent stands in front of the priority lane and glimpses at boarding passes, if that agent sees the gray or red template on top ( respectively for J and F boarding passes ), that agent lets that person in. If the passenger has the Y stock, he checks the FFP details on the boarding pass.
mileageking likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
In DOH, one agent stands in front of the priority lane and glimpses at boarding passes, if that agent sees the gray or red template on top ( respectively for J and F boarding passes ), that agent lets that person in. If the passenger has the Y stock, he checks the FFP details on the boarding pass.
Funnily enough I have never seen anyone man the premium line, and I find the normal lines more efficient.
Plus, during the pandemic, pax from some origins only have to go through temperature screening!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by realgaga
Funnily enough I have never seen anyone man the premium line, and I find the normal lines more efficient.
Plus, during the pandemic, pax from some origins only have to go through temperature screening!
It's true that during the pandemic, the regular lane is much quicker compared to the priority lane as minimum 10 regular lanes are open even during off-peak hours.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Any updates? I'm kind of secretly holding out hope that QR will realize the new system doesn't increase their revenue and re-allow Al Mourjan lounge access to those on R fares.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by anabolism
Any updates? I'm kind of secretly holding out hope that QR will realize the new system doesn't increase their revenue and re-allow Al Mourjan lounge access to those on R fares.
I wouldn't hold my breath for it to go away again.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
With the Al Mourjan Lounge at capacity at peak hours with restricted access, I think that QR succeeded with the new system. At least for the pandemic-era travel.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
With the Al Mourjan Lounge at capacity at peak hours with restricted access, I think that QR succeeded with the new system. At least for the pandemic-era travel.
If the new system was intended to to reduce demand for lounge access at the cost of ticket revenue, then it stands a good chance of success

Note that the closure of the OW facilities and Safwa have fed into demand for Mourjan.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
If the new system was intended to to reduce demand for lounge access at the cost of ticket revenue, then it stands a good chance of success

Note that the closure of the OW facilities and Safwa have fed into demand for Mourjan.
It was probably part of the plan to decrease traffic at peak hours.

So far during the pandemic is has not been a capacity problem to combine it all into AM, even during Xmas and New Year peak it was not too much for AM. I will see the summer peak shortly. But once it gets too much they can quickly add the F and J lounges back in to the capacity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.