Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

21000 complimentary tickets - world teachers day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2020, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...-teachers.html

Recognising your dedicationOn the occasion of World Teachers' Day, we would like to thank all of the teachers around the world for their hard work and dedication to educating the world's students. Your commitment to delivering a high standard of education continues to inspire us during these uncertain times.

To show our gratitude, we are offering complimentary flight tickets for 21,000 teachers to use this year, or to plan for a well-deserved holiday in 2021.*

As a teacher, you will receive:-
  • A complimentary Economy Class ticket to any of our destinations around the world, so you can experience a well-deserved holiday.-
  • 50% off a future flight with Qatar Airways to use for yourself, a friend or a family member.
  • Earn 2,021 Qmiles: Join Privilege Club today and earn 2,021 Qmiles, which you can redeem for a wide range of rewards such as complimentary flights, cabin upgrades, lounge access and extra baggage allowance. Join now> *Terms and conditions apply.

Please refer to the eligible professions and ensure you carry all required documents when you travel. Register for the complimentary ticket

A limited number of promo codes will be distributed per country daily from 5-7 October 2020. Please check this page after 4 am Qatar time (GMT +3) to fill out the form. The promo code allocation will be refreshed daily at the same time.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, QR
I was able to submit my information, which was accepted with a reply that I would be notified within 48 hours.

Anyone else?

Robbie
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Thanks to plunet for the information. I was also able to submit my information. I might be more excited about the 50% off than the economy ticket, but It’s an amazing opportunity if true.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Thanks to plunet for the information. I was also able to submit my information. I might be more excited about the 50% off than the economy ticket, but It’s an amazing opportunity if true.
50% only for Economy buckets (N,S,V,L,M,K,H,B,Y) though, and only for one person, so I'd stick to the free flight offer!
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:15 pm

You would think the chances of getting a ticket are even less than the healthcare tickets.
I worked out for Qatar there would be around 85 tickets made available per day. There's about 35,000 teachers in Qatar.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:14 am

My partner and I are both teachers. I managed to register and it said I would hear back within 48hrs by email, no idea if this means I got in or not. My partner who submitted the page 2 min later was too late, it said it had already run out. So another middle of the night wake up alarm for us! Should I fill in my own details again or is there no point since I registered once? I don't know if it is like a lottery system or not.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
If it works like it did for the healthcare workers earlier this year, it would either say
  • allocation has run out- reportedly there was an allocation per country per day
  • that you would hear within 48hrs - typically this meant you were allocated a complimentary ticket and usually within 72hrs would should hear something.
It didn't always quite work as indicated above but for the most part according to reports on here that's pretty much how it happened.

If you don't have any lesson planning, assignments to grade etc. then you can waste some time trawling through the healthcare worker thread for the blow by blow account of how it has all happened for them.

Good luck, and thanks for being a teacher!
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:56 am

Thanks. We will both try to be on again overnight at the right time and submit my partner's details (also a teacher) and see how we get on. I won't submit my own again in that case. Hopefully we will both manage it! I imagine it'll be busier this night than last night as the form is up already and people can prepare/have the form filled out ready to submit compared to last night when nobody had any idea what the form was going to ask for, so fingers crossed.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Wife and I both got in yesterday at 9:04pm. It took a while for Canada to reach the limit. I guess the promotion is not that widely known, since QR only flies to YUL.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Wife and I both got in yesterday at 9:04pm. It took a while for Canada to reach the limit. I guess the promotion is not that widely known, since QR only flies to YUL.
Congrats! It was a 150am alarm for me!! And again tonight hoping my partner will have slightly speedier fingers this time...
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Managed to get one submitted seconds after it went live so hopefully it'll go through fine. If it comes through fine will probably do an open-jaw to Asia for as late as next year as possible, got a bunch of Avios to use so will be useful for partner redemptions.

Last edited by exactlyaron; Oct 6, 2020 at 3:07 am
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:46 am

Didn't manage last night for my partner at all even though I submitted the second it turned 2am here. Sigh!
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:07 am

Hi from NZ. I entered on the first day and got the ‘You’ll hear from us in 48 hours‘. Anyone heard anything yet?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:20 am

I submitted from here in Japan 10am and got the you’ll hear from us in 48 hours. Fingers crossed.
Told a colleague and he’ll try his luck tomorrow.

Last edited by peter10; Oct 6, 2020 at 7:15 am
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: UA, AA, QR
Originally Posted by Jessica Wirth
Hi from NZ. I entered on the first day and got the ‘You’ll hear from us in 48 hours‘. Anyone heard anything yet?
I received the 48 hour message on the very first day, but nothing after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.