Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current load figures ex UK at this time?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Current load figures ex UK at this time?

Can anyone advise on the current load figures in both Y and Biz ex UK to DOH? Ultimate destination will be Perth WA and looking for options. Some of the prices are sky high obviously and while I usually go from Oslo this will not be possible due to the current situation with COVID 19. I would like to get back to Perth as soon as I practically can. At the moment SQ seem marginally cheaper but I am not sure if transit for UK passport holder via SIN at the moment is possible.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I assume that you are aware of entry restrictions into Australia and that you qualify.
SIN has banned transit.
QR is your only chance to get to PER with one stop. They only sell expensive fare buckets (J, C) in business.
nivsy likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Passenger loads are much lower than usual (cargo should be full) however fares are high due to the low number of pax which results in each pax covering more money of the operating cost of the flight.

Changi has banned transit passengers.

(brunos beat me to it)
nivsy likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm curious about the question of flight loads and the relevance to getting to Perth asap. Genuine question. Flights are quite empty these days.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Just have a look at the seat map on ExpertFlyer a few minutes before the plane takes off and you’ll see how full it is...
nivsy likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm curious about the question of flight loads and the relevance to getting to Perth asap. Genuine question. Flights are quite empty these days.
Uk resident married to Australian.. permanent visa lodged about a year ago not yet finalised. (Usual time frames). Have been going in and out on tourist visa. Wife returned to Aussie late last year to take up new work role. I came back to UK march from Perth within 3 months visa requirements and ofcourse wish to return to our home in Perth. Hence the desire to travel to Perth.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nivsy
Uk resident married to Australian.. permanent visa lodged about a year ago not yet finalised. (Usual time frames). Have been going in and out on tourist visa. Wife returned to Aussie late last year to take up new work role. I came back to UK march from Perth within 3 months visa requirements and ofcourse wish to return to our home in Perth. Hence the desire to travel to Perth.
I follow that, but was wondering what the flight load mattered? In other words, what does it matter is the flight is 25% or 75% full. Just curious, not meant to be passive/aggressive!
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I follow that, but was wondering what the flight load mattered? In other words, what does it matter is the flight is 25% or 75% full. Just curious, not meant to be passive/aggressive!
Was seeing some fluctuations on prices and also use of miles for the trip . Was thinking it could relate to price of ticket and availability of using points.(because of loads)
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:38 am
Suspended

No. I think prices are quite high at the moment because only those that need to fly are flying. There really no needle-moving effect of lowering prices to stimulate demand.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QR has been very good to continue flying between Europe and Asia, even with very low load.
They have kept serving lesser cities (like Perth) and transit in DOH is good.

It seems that you need to self-isolate for 14 days at your point of arrival in Australia. Hence there are not many alternatives if your family lives in Perth.

The number of people looking for "repatriation" (like yourself) is dwindling and the demand for other travel reasons in the coming days is very weak. QR might maintain flights to PER for cargo, but I would suggest that you decide to return quickly before more flight cancellations. Just a personal view.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
QR has been very good to continue flying between Europe and Asia, even with very low load.
They have kept serving lesser cities (like Perth) and transit in DOH is good.

It seems that you need to self-isolate for 14 days at your point of arrival in Australia. Hence there are not many alternatives if your family lives in Perth.

The number of people looking for "repatriation" (like yourself) is dwindling and the demand for other travel reasons in the coming days is very weak. QR might maintain flights to PER for cargo, but I would suggest that you decide to return quickly before more flight cancellations. Just a personal view.
​​​​​​Thank you. I will not be able to travel until to Australian Immigration department allows me.to do so. Hopefully relatively soon. Yes isolation on arrival is pre requisite but will be worth it.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nivsy
​​​​​​Thank you. I will not be able to travel until to Australian Immigration department allows me.to do so. Hopefully relatively soon. Yes isolation on arrival is pre requisite but will be worth it.
I thought that spouses of Australian nationals were allowed in. That certainly was the case for a colleague of mine.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:48 am
Original Poster

I thought that spouses of Australian nationals were allowed in. That certainly was the case for a colleague of mine.
Spouses are: on approval of immigration if you do not yet hold permanent visa.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
No, self-isolation is a thing of the past (too many had to "just pop down to the shops". It's government-mandated quarantine in government-mandated accomodation (usually a hotel). You cannot leave your room for 14 days, unless for medical treatment.
And of course you need to apply for an exemption on the WA ban on anyone (even from other Austrailan states) coming in.
https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/d...border-closure
https://www.perthairport.com.au/pass...guide/covid-19
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Yes post 14 above is correct as challenging as it is...😭 But if needs must...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.