Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Award ticket to FCO cancelled after few hours, options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket to FCO cancelled after few hours, options?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: qatar
Originally Posted by brunos
Like other airlines, QR has no precise vision of what flights they will operate in a week time.
But what you see on your booking would indicate that they are working on your case. They have tentatively put you on all the days they are planning to operate.

QR is doing a great job of continuing operations despite all the travel restrictions.
The flights to SGN are mostly empty, but it looks like you get a good chance to fly SGN-DOH-FCO on 31/3. I would try hard to get on this one.
But a lot of things can happen in 3 days time.
so do you think they will contact me before the 31? If the status remains not confirmed should I go to the airport on 31?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga
Try the Privilege Club Greater China contact centre. If the situation is not getting better, I advise you to book any ticket to get home ASAP and perhaps deal with your award ticket later.
too late, Aeroflot was the only other option and they cancelled April flights but they are rebooking all customers to march free of charge, they are behaving very well, QR not sure yet, impossible to speak with them, when you write they write non sense, last answer was we are processing your refund when I am waiting for a rebooking. But perhaps the award flight messed things more but is had 90k miles expiring in June this was the last chance to use them. Traveling will be impossible for long time maybe 12-18 months.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
so do you think they will contact me before the 31? If the status remains not confirmed should I go to the airport on 31?
I would probably try getting out of there ASAP by whatever airline and at whatever cost unless you are willing to stay in vietnam under lockdown for an extended amount of time. They've already banned foreigners from entering and I would imagine that they'll eventually halt flights
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pstation
I would probably try getting out of there ASAP by whatever airline and at whatever cost unless you are willing to stay in vietnam under lockdown for an extended amount of time. They've already banned foreigners from entering and I would imagine that they'll eventually halt flights
QR is the only option now, if I didn’t have booked this flight I would have flown with Aeroflot and I would have been already safe at home, but now it’s too late, I have to pray that QR will honor my booking and reply to my messages.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
On 19 or 20 March you booked a QR award to go back to Italy. Since then, you were given multiple advice to fly back immediately if you wished to be back home, whatever the cost. This has been the situation of hundreds of thousands, maybe million, pax.
I can understand that you wish to save money and are frustrated with QR.Everyone is frustrated by the fact that airlines plans keep changing and their call centers are saturated.
Given the current situation in Italy, there are very few flights to Italy and they are uncertain. Asking questions like "do you think they will contact me" is unhelpful. This is war time.
The FT community will join you in prayers. But it would be better to keep calling QR even if you have to spend many hours to get through.
In many cases (not QR), the situation was only resolved at the airport. As of this morning, 31 March still looks OK. But that is 3 days from now ...
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
On 19 or 20 March you booked a QR award to go back to Italy. Since then, you were given multiple advice to fly back immediately if you wished to be back home, whatever the cost. This has been the situation of hundreds of thousands, maybe million, pax.
I can understand that you wish to save money and are frustrated with QR.Everyone is frustrated by the fact that airlines plans keep changing and their call centers are saturated.
Given the current situation in Italy, there are very few flights to Italy and they are uncertain. Asking questions like "do you think they will contact me" is unhelpful. This is war time.
The FT community will join you in prayers. But it would be better to keep calling QR even if you have to spend many hours to get through.
In many cases (not QR), the situation was only resolved at the airport. As of this morning, 31 March still looks OK. But that is 3 days from now ...

I was trying to get some technical advice on what was happening since on my booking I had now several non confirmed flights on different days, unfortunately I got no replies from privilege club, but I thought maybe they put me in list on the next 3 available flights and I have to accept it, so I called to SGN office, I told them I have several unconfirmed dates on my booking and that I accept any change I just want to be confirmed on the first available flight, then they immediately confirmed me on the 31st flight SGN DOH FCO.
Few days ago they told me they could not make changes on my booking because it’s an award booking but since now it was already rescheduled on several alternatives they had just to change the state to confirmed.
I don’t know why privilege club customer service didn’t reply me and ask me to accept one of the new dates but the important is that they silently updated my ticket and through SGN office I accept the change and now I am due to leave in few days.
In the last 6 years I flew long haul only with QR and I am glad now they are bringing me back home, unless my flights are cancelled in the next 3 days.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great to hear.
QR has been doing good in this crisis.
Buona Fortuna
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Last update, after many message to PC customer service now in my ticket there are 4 different flights SGN DOH FCO in 4 different dates all not confirmed what does it mean? I didn’t get any notification about this new ticket.
5-4 status not confirmed (the originally booked flight), these segments are officially cancelled
31-3, 4-4, 7-4 status not confirmed but the flights exists, not cancelled for now.
What’s does it mean that they are working on it and they will hopefully confirm one of this date? If nothing is confirmed on 31-3 should I go to the airport? The booking office in SGN cannot deal with award tickets and PC customer care doesn’t reply or answer the phone.
Do you mean ticket or reservation (PNR)?

In fact, did you ever get a ticket receipt with a ticket number? Your OP just said that the flights were initially all "confirmed" but that's not the same as having a ticket issued.

A ticket and a reservation are entirely different things. You need both to travel and all of the details must match. This almost always requires that the ticket be reissued whenever there are any changes.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean ticket or reservation (PNR)?

In fact, did you ever get a ticket receipt with a ticket number? Your OP just said that the flights were initially all "confirmed" but that's not the same as having a ticket issued.

A ticket and a reservation are entirely different things. You need both to travel and all of the details must match. This almost always requires that the ticket be reissued whenever there are any changes.
The ticket was issued but then the flights got cancelled and the status became not confirmed , after many messages to PC under the same PNR showed up several alternative flights to go back home, all non confirmed and not ticketed. After I contacted the SGN office and chose the 31st March option the ticket was reissued and the alternative non confirmed flights disappeared.
But nothing would have happened without contacting the local office, from Doha no replies, but at least, finger crossed, now it’s fixed, and QR will bring me back home
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The ticket was issued but then the flights got cancelled and the status became not confirmed , after many messages to PC under the same PNR showed up several alternative flights to go back home, all non confirmed and not ticketed. After I contacted the SGN office and chose the 31st March option the ticket was reissued and the alternative non confirmed flights disappeared.
But nothing would have happened without contacting the local office, from Doha no replies, but at least, finger crossed, now it’s fixed, and QR will bring me back home
I believe that this is true of every single airline. And lucky that QR offered you many options.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:45 am
Original Poster

I just landed in FCO, thank you QR for bringing me back home when other airlines left passengers stranded. It was not easy to change my ticket, PC customer care needs lot of improvements but the important thing is that I managed in the end and with the great service QR offers onboard.
purple1addict and plunet like this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just landed in FCO, thank you QR for bringing me back home when other airlines left passengers stranded. It was not easy to change my ticket, PC customer care needs lot of improvements but the important thing is that I managed in the end and with the great service QR offers onboard.
Happy ending. Good luck at home.

You mention great service. Was food/wine as usual?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.