Search

Philippines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
Philippines

Hi Everyone,

On March 10, i flew MNL-DOH-LHR and have my return flight back on Monday with a two day stopover in Doha (I got Qsuites on the MNL-DOH leg which was a nice surprise!). Im confused about the new entry restrictions on both countries:

1. Qatar has stated they wont allow anyone to enter on flights originating from various countries including the Philippines. As im flying from LHR, I should be able to enter, right? Does it matter that ive been in the Philippines in the last 14 days? The official announcement would suggest it only restricts entry from flights originating from those countries.

2. Philippines has stated they will deny entry to anyone coming from a country with local transmission of Covid 19. As my trip is from the UK (where local transmission has occured) has anyone been denied entry on this basis. The PH government has been less than helpful by not issuing a specific list of countries.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
A good official source is IATA:
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

Clearly, you will NOT be able to enter Qatar as you have been in Phil for the past 14 days. Your nationality might prevent you too.

Phil are quite discretionary on their entry requirements. You should inquire directly, but expect new rules to target Europeans and others. That will probably be announced over the week end. Of course, if you are a permanent resident, then they will accept you.

Last edited by brunos; Mar 13, 2020 at 9:07 pm
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I had looked at the IATA website but it conflicts with the official announcement from the MOH in Qatar.

https://www.gco.gov.qa/en/2020/03/08...-covid-19-wor/

on their site it mentions nothing about the 14 day rule that IATA mentions. it only refers to those coming directly from these countries.

FYI I'm​​​​ traveling on a British passport .
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

I was finally able to call QR and after a hold time of an 70 minutes, the agent confirmed that there is no 14 day rule for the philippines. It only applies to flights arriving from the philippines.

Hope this helps anyone else in a similar position.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
I can't help you with re: to DOH / Qatar but for the Philippines, it seems that it's not a "lock down" as much as it is a “community quarantine”

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/polit...ions-commuters

I'm just glad I got my trip to MNL over & done with last week, but we've got 2 trips to Europe in the next couple of months booked on QR exMNL.
Will update if I have any trips to MNL soon but I really hope not ..

Good luck & safe travels.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
MNL is closed or quarantined. It means anyone who comes to MNL is stuck there for 14 days at least. Clark is open and the government is advising travelers to other parts of the Philippines not to fly into MNL. The information I am getting from Philippines is that it's going to get a lot worse before it gets under control.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by dav662
MNL is closed or quarantined. It means anyone who comes to MNL is stuck there for 14 days at least. Clark is open and the government is advising travelers to other parts of the Philippines not to fly into MNL. The information I am getting from Philippines is that it's going to get a lot worse before it gets under control.
Quarantine is a vague concept. And home quarantine implementation varies across countries. Some countries would allow you to leave the country within the 14 day period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.