Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How to cancel and request travel voucher online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to cancel and request travel voucher online

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flynz
So the online form still delivers a fast result.

Can you tell me how the voucher can be used online? Is it added into the promo code field? If so it would mean you can't make use of a promotion when using the voucher. Keen to know how it works.
That is something I have yet to figure out too. I think I read somewhere that to use it you have to call QR, but not sure
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:52 pm

Would be great if someone with a voucher can share a screenshot of it - without the sensitive info like the code of course.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flynz
You must request a voucher at least 3 days before departure. You mentioned the flight leaves in a few hours... you won't be eligible if that's the case.
The issue was not that I decided I did not want to travel any more but rather that Norway closed its borders so I could not enter the country to take my flight.....I have now received an acknowledgement from them that they have received the request and will come back to me within a few days.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:47 am

I sent in a voucher request last Friday. I still haven't received anything from them acknowledging that they received a request. It know they must be hammered trying to processes everything but I was hoping I would at least receive an acknowledgement.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jiffer21225
I sent in a voucher request last Friday. I still haven't received anything from them acknowledging that they received a request. It know they must be hammered trying to processes everything but I was hoping I would at least receive an acknowledgement.
You're generally lucky to get an email from QR about more critical things like flight time changes; so hoping that a system they probably put together in a few hours has methods to validate data and acknowledge receipt is probably pushing things too far...
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:36 pm

From my conversation with QR regarding the travel voucher:
  1. Travel voucher is issued to the individuals on a booking, ie if your booking is 3x people, flights are $1,000 each, each person will get a voucher of $1,000 each and a single passenger can't use it all for themselves.
  2. Passengers on a booking do not need to travel together when using the voucher, each is free to use whenever they want
  3. Travel voucher booking has to be made within a year of issuance, it doesn't matter when the flight is taken.
  4. It can be for any origin or destination, there is no requirement for it to be from/to the airport on your original ticket
  5. Can't be extended
  6. With your voucher, you can:
    1. Book multiple flights for less than the value of the voucher, ie 3x flights of $300, leaving $100 on your account which will be lost if it goes past the expiry date
    2. You can top up the value with cash, ie a flight of $1,500 ($1,000 voucher and $500 cash)
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Arghmeinaugen
From my conversation with QR regarding the travel voucher:
  1. Travel voucher is issued to the individuals on a booking, ie if your booking is 3x people, flights are $1,000 each, each person will get a voucher of $1,000 each and a single passenger can't use it all for themselves.
  2. Passengers on a booking do not need to travel together when using the voucher, each is free to use whenever they want
  3. Travel voucher booking has to be made within a year of issuance, it doesn't matter when the flight is taken.
  4. It can be for any origin or destination, there is no requirement for it to be from/to the airport on your original ticket
  5. Can't be extended
  6. With your voucher, you can:
    1. Book multiple flights for less than the value of the voucher, ie 3x flights of $300, leaving $100 on your account which will be lost if it goes past the expiry date
    2. You can top up the value with cash, ie a flight of $1,500 ($1,000 voucher and $500 cash)
Great info, thank you for sharing.

What if the flight is less than the voucher value. Can you seek a cash refund of the difference?

Update: just read your post again. So basically you'll want to use up the full value otherwise it'll expire.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:19 pm

I just applied for the voucher, it was actually quiet simple. Directly afterwards it took me to an environment wre you can track the status. Bit similar like a IT request at work. They do not give a timeframe though, but you do have to enter the travel date, so I suppose they prioritise by traveldate.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: NZ*E, MPO, QR
Applied online for voucher replacement of flights departing on the 18th April, immediate acknowledgement received via e-mail. EMD "Transportation Credit Voucher" received by e-mail 5 days later. Easy compared to waiting on the phone.

"Voucher Issued Under Covid-19 Policy 1052" and valid for 1 year. The policy terms wasn't included in the e-mail or searchable on the QR website, so have to reply on Arghmeinaugen's conversation above in the thread.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KLM Flying Blue Gold, IHG Platinum, HIlton Diamond, Shangri-La Diamond, Marriot Gold
Ive completed the form, got confirmation email but now been waiting to hear more, anyone have a view on how long it takes to receive voucher ?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: Garuda GFF Gold + Miles and More + QR Gold
Last Sunday I did request voucher for 2 different bookings, still waiting for the vouchers.
For one of my bookings the outbound flight was last Wednesday 18th April !
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
One week for me.

Originally Posted by fourstardust
Ive completed the form, got confirmation email but now been waiting to hear more, anyone have a view on how long it takes to receive voucher ?
fourstardust likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
We registered your request for a refund. You will receive confirmation when our support team processed your refund, this may take a few days.

I got this on Tuesday, flight is on Sunday. Not heard anything back yet.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Anyone getting it to work. I keep filling in form, and it gets bounced back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.