Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by eh220160
Presume in that case (out/in bound cancelled) we all just apply for a cash refund of the original fare?
There's indeed a good chance for the pandemic Part Deux in the Fall/Winter '20. QR is not trying to be overly generous, just calculating their actual risks. If flights are all grounded again in the winter, ticket holders will likely get vouchers for the original payment (perhaps +10%). I don't think QR will make cash refunds for non-refundable fares.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
...once in a lifetime change...
Wow, hold your horses mate. It's a $1600 ticket, not $160. LOL

My humble lifetime had seen far, far, far greater fares/hacks/tricks
Old May 15, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, AS
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I think I understand- I wasn’t trying to stack them. It sounds as if I just purchase and don’t hold, I’ll get the 24 hour cancellation option?
No, the DOT only requires that airlines provide customers 24 hours to make other arrangements (i.e. hotels) without changing the price. The airline can has the discretion to choose whether to provide the 24 hours by having a 24 hour cancellation policy OR provide the option for a free 24 hour hold before payment. QR chooses to provide the hold option only, so once you pay the standard fare rules apply. Airlines are not required to provide the option the customer prefers.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I know you probably already had a ticket purchased, but I can’t stress enough to book directly with Qatar if you can. Having a third party travel agency will just be a pain in the rear.

Also after everything is said and done, who knows if these flights will even go in the fall-winter time? When they don’t, I don’t want to have to fight between Qatar and a travel agency to get what I want which I can assure you will be a sh**show.
Oh I absolutely agree regarding direct-with-airline bookings, buuuut I had a stack of UR points and jumped on the LAX-KUL deal late January. We’ll see what happens
Old May 15, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Originally Posted by MaxVO
There's indeed a good chance for the pandemic Part Deux in the Fall/Winter '20. QR is not trying to be overly generous, just calculating their actual risks. If flights are all grounded again in the winter, ticket holders will likely get vouchers for the original payment (perhaps +10%). I don't think QR will make cash refunds for non-refundable fares.
Good luck! I’ll post with my (hopeful) success.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Wow, hold your horses mate. It's a $1600 ticket, not $160. LOL
My humble lifetime had seen far, far, far greater fares/hacks/tricks
You may have misunderstood the OP . The "change" was for the Filipino agent moving to Doha (not about tickets).
Old May 15, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by United857
No, the DOT only requires that airlines provide customers 24 hours to make other arrangements (i.e. hotels) without changing the price. The airline can has the discretion to choose whether to provide the 24 hours by having a 24 hour cancellation policy OR provide the option for a free 24 hour hold before payment. QR chooses to provide the hold option only, so once you pay the standard fare rules apply. Airlines are not required to provide the option the customer prefers.
thanks for the clarification! I’m somewhat limited in the dates I can travel (end of December) and so am a little concerned that the right fare buckets won’t be available on the dates Im able to travel. Was hoping I could call and try to make the switch but have an escape clause if the dates don’t work. Given that isn’t the case, I guess I’ll have to sit this one out.
Old May 15, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA, AS
thanks for the clarification! I’m somewhat limited in the dates I can travel (end of December) and so am a little concerned that the right fare buckets won’t be available on the dates Im able to travel. Was hoping I could call and try to make the switch but have an escape clause if the dates don’t work. Given that isn’t the case, I guess I’ll have to sit this one out.
I don't think fare buckets matter under this rebooking policy, or at least you can rebook into a range of fares buckets (perhaps not all), not specifically the one you originally booked.
Old May 15, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Hey guys, long time lurker here, I'm more active in the BA forum. Apologies if this has been discussed already but can someone advise if:
1. Does QR consider Wales and England as separate countries or part of the UK? I'm based in London but am seeing a couple of fantastic fares out of CWL so I'm wondering if I could book CWL-XXX and then change it to LHR-YYY at no cost, assuming XXX and YYY are well within 5k miles of each other.
2. Can I change dates for free? If I book a return trip in September, can I change it to the final week in December at no additional cost? I'm assuming QR will change it only if there's availability in the same fare class, not just travel class?
3. Finally, can I book say LHR-DOH and then add a leg at no cost - for example, LHR-DOH-XXX, assuming DOH and XXX are within 5k miles of each other?
Old May 15, 2020, 6:49 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Note that the US call center is only open M-F now 9-6pm ET
Old May 15, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gforce
Hey guys, long time lurker here, I'm more active in the BA forum. Apologies if this has been discussed already but can someone advise if:
1. Does QR consider Wales and England as separate countries or part of the UK? I'm based in London but am seeing a couple of fantastic fares out of CWL so I'm wondering if I could book CWL-XXX and then change it to LHR-YYY at no cost, assuming XXX and YYY are well within 5k miles of each other.
2. Can I change dates for free? If I book a return trip in September, can I change it to the final week in December at no additional cost? I'm assuming QR will change it only if there's availability in the same fare class, not just travel class?
3. Finally, can I book say LHR-DOH and then add a leg at no cost - for example, LHR-DOH-XXX, assuming DOH and XXX are within 5k miles of each other?
1. Yes, as long as it’s the same country. Whales and London are both in the United Kingdom. The origin country must remain the same. I changed PHL to LAX.

2. it’s suppose to be unlimited date and 5k destination changes for travel before December 31 2020. The agent read the rules to me after I asked if I could change again and she said yes I could.

3. This is an interesting question but the answer is probably yes. You can make your destination anywhere within 5,000 miles and you can change it as many times as you want as long as travel is before December 31.
Old May 15, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by United857
I don't think fare buckets matter under this rebooking policy, or at least you can rebook into a range of fares buckets (perhaps not all), not specifically the one you originally booked.
that’s what I thought when I read the policy, but a couple of posters up thread report that they were only allows to change to dates with R bucket availability. I don’t know if they tried to HUCA and had success later, but it seems like a possible issue.
Old May 15, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
that’s what I thought when I read the policy, but a couple of posters up thread report that they were only allows to change to dates with R bucket availability. I don’t know if they tried to HUCA and had success later, but it seems like a possible issue.
I believe I was rebooked into R too. I think R has to be available. But frankly nobody should have problem with dates since who on earth is booking J tickets on QR unless you’re a FT nerd.
Old May 15, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I can no longer pull the $1600 KBP or $2000 TBS fares on QR's site, nor on AmEx IAH, nor on GoogleFlights->QR site. Best I can tell it's dead. Congrats to the early movers. Let's see if they honor the avalanche of bookings.
Old May 15, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
I was rebooked from R to D class for one of my legs. YMMV
Isochronous likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.