Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Cancelled - What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:07 am
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

Flight Cancelled - What would you do?

Need some advice from others here as i'm a bit indecisive on what to do.. below is the scenario.

I was due to fly QR835 from BKK to DOH and then catch QR19 from DOH to DUB.
QR19 has now been cancelled on that day of travel, the only other flight to DUB involves an 8Hr connection at Doha, which isn't ideal.

QR have offered a re-routing, I can fly from DOH to LHR instead if I wish, which would be nice because i'd get an additional Q Suite flight, but unfortunately i'd still have the issue of getting to my final destination (Belfast) which is going to cost me more money on an additional flight and is also a pain in the arse as i'd have to collect baggage etc and switch terminals. So probably not the most sensible of options in all honesty.

My journey is actually starting from HKT, not BKK, but I planned to fly with a domestic carrier to get me to BKK. Reason for me not flying with QR from HKT originally was price + Q suite aren't on this route. Do you think that QR might allow me to change my origin to HKT? This would take some of the inconvenience away by me not having to arrange domestic flights internally to get to BKK. This still doesn't solve the issue of the long layover at Doha, but I might not mind so much if i'm flying direct from Phuket.

In an ideal world, what I would really like is for QR to re-route me from HKT > BHD Via. LHR, but i'd assume that this would be out of the question?

Another option, which of course is probably the easiest is to just leave a day later or earlier, but unfortunately due to work commitments this isn't going to be ideal for either of us, so looking to avoid this if possible.

I understand that this is very much going to be a matter of opinion, but i'm interested to see what others would do in the circumstances i've explained. Fire away!

This is a personal revenue booking for me and my partner.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
I've just had my DOH-Oslo flight cancelled, originating in CPT, which would have meant a 7:50 layover in the middle of the night in Doha, I called them, and they have put me on the evening CPT-DOH flight, so you can see if they will offer you a later flight to avoid an extended layover.

Also in the past, they have re-routed me, within the 500-mile limit, and put me on a connecting BA flight, but I had to tell them which flight I wanted. So BKK-DOH-LHR-Dub could be an option
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:47 am
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escape2sun
I've just had my DOH-Oslo flight cancelled, originating in CPT, which would have meant a 7:50 layover in the middle of the night in Doha, I called them, and they have put me on the evening CPT-DOH flight, so you can see if they will offer you a later flight to avoid an extended layover.

Also in the past, they have re-routed me, within the 500-mile limit, and put me on a connecting BA flight, but I had to tell them which flight I wanted. So BKK-DOH-LHR-Dub could be an option
There is only one flight after ours out of BKK which is only 30 mins after, so that isn't a great option for us.

They did say they will re-route within the 500-Mile limit, but didn't mention the option of adding any connecting flights to the booking. When I floated the Idea of re-routing to BHD via. London I was shut down pretty quick "We don't fly there".
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:30 am
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

I think i've settled on wishing to change the date of the outbound and the inbound. But potentially change the origin of the inbound flight from BKK to HKT, will update on the response.

Update: They agreed to change the departure airport to HKT the following day which is actually really helpful, didn't book this route originally as it would have been about £1000 for us both. Q Suites are currently on the HKT > DOH route, but at present i'm on an a350-800.

Last edited by JD1905; Mar 6, 2020 at 6:52 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.