Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Booking a Qatar Flight via Citibank Premier Miles Website, how do the rewards work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a Qatar Flight via Citibank Premier Miles Website, how do the rewards work?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Question Booking a Qatar Flight via Citibank Premier Miles Website, how do the rewards work?

So I have a Citibank premier miles card.
Let's say, I want to book a Qatar flight from Citibank premier miles website only.
Can I enter my Qatar qmiles account during this booking?
Will the qmiles be credited directly to my Qatar qMiles account, even if the booking was done from citibank premier miles website?
And for this, do I get both ?
I mean citibank reward + qatar qmiles ?

For example, booking is for 1,00,000 INR.
Citibank says you get 10 points for each 100 INR spent.

So for this booking of 1,00,000 INR - I should get 10000 Citibank points + 50000 qmiles ?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by soamz
So I have a Citibank premier miles card.
Let's say, I want to book a Qatar flight from Citibank premier miles website only.
Can I enter my Qatar qmiles account during this booking?
Will the qmiles be credited directly to my Qatar qMiles account, even if the booking was done from citibank premier miles website?
And for this, do I get both ?
I mean citibank reward + qatar qmiles ?

For example, booking is for 1,00,000 INR.
Citibank says you get 10 points for each 100 INR spent.

So for this booking of 1,00,000 INR - I should get 10000 Citibank points + 50000 qmiles ?
You may add your Qatar Privelege Club number at anytime (even after booking on the QR website). You should have Qmiles credited to your QR Privelege Club account after you take your flights irrespective of the website you used to book. Though if there is an offer going on for bonus Qmiles, you have to check the terms and condition to see if you are eligible for the bonus Qmiles even after booking using Premier miles.
If Premier miles is offering you the 10 points for every 100 INR spent, you should get 10000 premier miles. (The value of these miles is roughly INR 4,500). Im unable to understand from where you get 50,000 Qmiles. The amount of miles you ll get depends on your booking class and sector. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks, understood.
But Im unable to understand two things -

1. How to know how much exact qMiles I will earn if Im booking a ticket ?
When I search for a ticket, I dont see the exact miles figure even if I reach the checkout page in qatar website. So, is there a way to know how much exact miles you will earn if you book something ?

2. How to know how much miles are required to book a specific ticket ?
For example, if Im searching for a business class ticket to Los Angeles from Mumbai, it says 2,72,000 INR
Now how much exact qmiles I need to get this ticket for free ?
There is no such information or calculator on qatar website to know exact value of anything.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
To check the Qmiles you will earn. Go to the QR website and search for the relevant flights, then select the flights you wish to fly on both outbound and inbound and you should get to the Trip Summary Page. There the fare class is shown. For example Business (R). Use this fare class the letter R to search for how many Qmiles you'd earn on the Qcalculator
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...alculator.html

To find the number of miles you need to redeem, check the above link selecting Award flights option.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Isnt the miles you get credited when you buy a ticket is same as equal number of miles required to buy that same ticket ?
Do they value miles equal value for buy and sell both ?

For example, if you buy a economy ticket for round trip LAX-BOM - then you earn 16000 qmiles on that.
On reversing it, if you want to buy the same ticket with qmiles in account, then can you buy the same ticket for free if you have 16000 qmiles ready to redeem ?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:35 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by soamz
Isnt the miles you get credited when you buy a ticket is same as equal number of miles required to buy that same ticket ?
Do they value miles equal value for buy and sell both ?

For example, if you buy a economy ticket for round trip LAX-BOM - then you earn 16000 qmiles on that.
On reversing it, if you want to buy the same ticket with qmiles in account, then can you buy the same ticket for free if you have 16000 qmiles ready to redeem ?
Definitely not the case, in QRPC or anywhere. You're essentially suggesting it's "buy one, get one 'free'" which is very far from the truth. Every scheme has its own charts for earning and burning, but awards always need a substantial multiple of the miles you would earn for flying the same route on a cash ticket, – even as a top tier member flying the highest available class.

I advise getting familiar with the number of miles required to redeem by exploring the Qcalculator here: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/P...alculator.html

For your given example, LAX-BOM round trip:
  • an economy redemption requires 138,500 Q Miles
  • the most you can earn – in flexible economy, as a Platinum member - is 38,884 QMiles - a ratio of 3.56:1
  • a Burgundy member in deep discount economy would only earn 4,862 QMiles - a ratio of 28.48:1!

Only a fully flexible first class round trip, flown as a Gold or Platinum QPRC member, would earn you enough (69,250) for a one way redemption in economy

Last edited by dsf; Dec 30, 2019 at 10:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.