Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG arrivals lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
HKG arrivals lounge?

I'm flying QR C (for the first time, very excited) ARN-DOH-HKG on 6-7 JAN, getting in around 2100. I need to go to BKK instead of HKG since booking the ticket, so I booked HK Airlines 0200-0410 on 8 JAN in Econ.

Is there any possibility of lounge access (CX?) based on arrival-class-of-service on QR at HKG? I have PriorityPass if needed instead, and don't yet have OW status (going for OW status via JL in 2020).
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I'm flying QR C (for the first time, very excited) ARN-DOH-HKG on 6-7 JAN, getting in around 2100. I need to go to BKK instead of HKG since booking the ticket, so I booked HK Airlines 0200-0410 on 8 JAN in Econ.

Is there any possibility of lounge access (CX?) based on arrival-class-of-service on QR at HKG? I have PriorityPass if needed instead, and don't yet have OW status (going for OW status via JL in 2020).
CX used to have an arrivals lounge in Hong Kong but has now closed it, even then i) it was only accessible to CX passengers, not QR ones and ii) it was closed from 12am to 5am. You will need to look at the airside lounges in Terminal 1 instead.

There is no access to oneworld departure lounges purely on the basis of a oneworld inbound flight, but there is a oneworld rule that says if you are connecting from a oneworld long haul J/F flight to a oneworld shorthaul flight before 6am the following day you have lounge access even if you are booked in Y for the short haul connection. Unfortunately, this doesn't apply if you are booked on HX instead - is there any way for you to book CX Y instead of HX Y? You could try your luck anyway but unlikely they will let you in to a CX lounge.

If not, there are two Plaza Premium lounges airside in Terminal 1 which you can use via your Priority Pass instead.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
PP is the only solution.
You are brave to book HX under their current situation.
But HX767 has been operating to date.
rdlmitedu likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu

There are no arrival lounges at HKG. However, you can use your Priority Pass membership to access one of the 2 Plaza Premium lounges at departures (airside).
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I'd book Oneworld (or Star Alliance) for my connecting flight, but those are all during the day on the 8th; only HX does the 0200 flight. I get too late to make the 2100-2130 departures for HKG-BKK.

(I really should just see if QR will let me change to DOH-BKK instead of DOH-HKG for that leg, but I want to exit from HKG-ARN-DOH later, and I think my fare basis doesn't allow.)
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks -- actually I was being stupid and didn't realize QR I fare allowed changes for pretty low price. I lose QSuites on the DOH-BKK but gain an entire day and also don't get stuck at HKG at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.