Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access on departure for passenger traveling on same ticket as gold member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access on departure for passenger traveling on same ticket as gold member

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Hi all -

I'll be travelling to the Maldives soon for our honey moon with my wife.

I tried very hard to upgrade our tickets combining miles, credits and cash but all the times in the last 4 months I was getting answer that there are no upgrade seats available for our flight.

Now, I gave up on the upgrade idea and most probably after my gold membership is expired I'll start using more Turkish Airlines since they are much more clear about upgrades, if you have the miles and there are open seats you're getting upgrade + you get access to their lounge.

My question is, since we will be traveling in economy now with Qatar, from SKP to MLE via DOH, does anyone know if my wife will get a lounge pass since she is on the same ticket as I'm for the lounge in SKP or I'll be the only one getting lounge access?
I know in Doha I can get her in the lounge as a guest but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get her in the lounge on other airports as guest or thats only valid for Doha.

Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by laziale
Hi all -

I tried very hard to upgrade our tickets combining miles, credits and cash but all the times in the last 4 months I was getting answer that there are no upgrade seats available for our flight.

Now, I gave up on the upgrade idea and most probably after my gold membership is expired I'll start using more Turkish Airlines since they are much more clear about upgrades, if you have the miles and there are open seats you're getting upgrade + you get access to their lounge.

My question is, since we will be traveling in economy now with Qatar, from SKP to MLE via DOH, does anyone know if my wife will get a lounge pass since she is on the same ticket as I'm for the lounge in SKP or I'll be the only one getting lounge access?
I know in Doha I can get her in the lounge as a guest but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get her in the lounge on other airports as guest or thats only valid for Doha.

Thanks
If you were gold then both would have been able to use the lounge but as silver only you get lounge access. In DOH you can use one of your passes.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kl1987
If you were gold then both would have been able to use the lounge but as silver only you get lounge access. In DOH you can use one of your passes.
Yes, I'm gold currently. So even if we both fly in economy, she'll get a lounge pass in SKP?

Thanks again for your reply.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Yes, I'm gold currently. So even if we both fly in economy, she'll get a lounge pass in SKP?

Thanks again for your reply.
Yes, that's right (as long as you're still Gold at the time of your flights).

Don't forget to check for airport upgrades if you have enough qmiles/qcredits (or willing to pay cash). You can ask at (most) departure airports and also at Doha lounges during transit.

Happy honeymoon!
Traveller999 and laziale like this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Don't forget to check for airport upgrades if you have enough qmiles/qcredits (or willing to pay cash). You can ask at (most) departure airports and also at Doha lounges during transit.
Are upgrade restrictions still in place if you request an airport upgrade? eg Economy Promo tickets can't usually be upgraded in advance.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Are upgrade restrictions still in place if you request an airport upgrade? eg Economy Promo tickets can't usually be upgraded in advance.
Yes, the same applies.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:36 am

Try asking at the airport for an upgrade as they generally upgrade on a first come first save basis.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Thanks
Being a Privilege Club Gold member makes you a One World Sapphire member as well, which allows you + 1 guest to get access to participating lounges worldwide when traveling with a One World carrier. So this won't be an issue.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hi all -

Thanks
A bit of terminology: Unless she's traveling as a lap infant (for babies and small children under two years old) on certain (USA) carriers for free, your (future) wife is not traveling on your ticket. The two of you are alikely to be on the same reservation/PNR, but each adult passenger is required to have his/her own ticket with its own ticket number.
laziale likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Yes - and I've also been refused airport upgrades on O and T fares, despite having booked them under Saver category. So beware!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Yes - and I've also been refused airport upgrades on O and T fares, despite having booked them under Saver category. So beware!
For the record I have faced the same issue last week.(ticket were booked on O Fare) the QR Lady in charge of the checkin told me that O Fare are not upgradable.
I replied that they’re since I bought them as a saver..
she was doubtful but she went checking on her computer .:
2 min later she was back saying I was right.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by NicoNTE
For the record I have faced the same issue last week.(ticket were booked on O Fare) the QR Lady in charge of the checkin told me that O Fare are not upgradable.
I replied that they’re since I bought them as a saver..
she was doubtful but she went checking on her computer .:
2 min later she was back saying I was right.
Well, I guess I should have tried harder... At least I'll know for next time!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the last 2-3 replies, very helpful .

The thing is that my fare is also economy promo, and since the return from MLE to SKP via DOH will be with a stopover, when I was purchasing I wasn't actually able to select the economy saver and the system automatically assigned to me economy promo.
Now I tried few times via phone and message to request upgrades especially since we are going to honey moon but the first answer was that since its economy promo the upgrades are not possible.
Do you think I should try one more time during the check in on Friday?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.