Fraud

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Fraud

Dear all,

I hope someone can help me.
I have been a gold customer with QR.
Before expiration I bought additional qpoints to keep my status. On purpose I contacted customer service before I bought the points because I wanted to be on the safe side. They confirmed that I will keep my status if I buy the points. When expiration came, I fell to silver because the points where added after expiration although I bought them before. They confirmed and asked me to write if this happens.
So I did and now they are rejecting my request... I wrote them many messages but nobody seems to understand or is willing to help. Now it has been nearly two months that they have not answered at all.
I also have screenshots of all of the messages....
This is my first step now to complain online, possibly I will also involve an attorney and consumer protection in Germany.

Meanwhile I don't care about the status anymore...I rather want my money back. I payed for literally nothing!

Thank you for all responses!

Timmy
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by timmy86
Dear all,

I hope someone can help me.
I have been a gold customer with QR.
Before expiration I bought additional qpoints to keep my status. On purpose I contacted customer service before I bought the points because I wanted to be on the safe side. They confirmed that I will keep my status if I buy the points. When expiration came, I fell to silver because the points where added after expiration although I bought them before. They confirmed and asked me to write if this happens.
So I did and now they are rejecting my request... I wrote them many messages but nobody seems to understand or is willing to help. Now it has been nearly two months that they have not answered at all.
This is my first step now to complain online, possibly I will also involve an attorney and consumer protection in Germany.

Meanwhile I don't care about the status anymore...I rather want my money back. I payed for literally nothing!

Thank you for all responses!

Timmy
Sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Try contacting qrsupport on Twitter. They have always been much more helpful than the contact centre the times I have contacted them. They also tend to understand a query and resolve quickly.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You can buy status miles on QR? Are you sure?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Yes you can buy Qpoints now. Think it was introduced earlier this year.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LondonElite
You can buy up to 150 in a year, I believe. I get a pop-up reminding me each time I log in to QRPC despite the fact I must have clicked on 'do not show this message again' about 40 times now.
Aston100 and IAN-UK like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
... I wrote them many messages but nobody seems to understand or is willing to help. Now it has been nearly two months that they have not answered at all.
You've clearly exhausted the empathy of the customer service team, and its willingness to assist.
That's very easily done.

You could try try Twitter: the team there at least seem capable of understanding the problems presented to them.

If you have a QR office close by, they might take up your case.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:34 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Hi Timmy,

Please PM me with your details and I will ask the team to resolve this.

Thanks
AbuCordoba, Tulene, JC880 and 17 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
On the same note I had a flight that was within the 12 months to push me to Platinum but was credited a month after the flight had taken place. This led to me not hitting platinum because on a rolling 12 month basis I fell short on some tier miles. I messaged QRPC and they upgraded me to Platinum as they understood that if there had been no delay on flights being credited I would've made the platinum tier.

In my case they were helpful so just wanted to let you know to maybe reopen a new case and push harder. I did tell them that if they did not upgrade my tier status to plat i would be cancelling future flights ( I have 2 booked in J with them) and move to a different airline
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies!

Last edited by timmy86; Oct 3, 2019 at 5:37 am
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hello.

My Privilege Club number is xxxx.
So basically my tier expired on the 2nd of August.
Before that, one flight was not counted, so I must have been short by 7 qpoints. On purpose I asked before if this would result in a problem. And it was promised that it would be solved easily.
Therefore I purchased 14 points before expiration, because even with the flight this would have been necessary.
But then I fell to silver and since then I have not been assisted.

Thank you in advance for all assistance.
The QR rep is suggesting you send a private message rather than posting here.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:03 am
Original Poster

The qr responsible solved my issue!

Thank you all for your help.
At the end, posting the issue here was the best solution. The personel resolved it without a lot of talking.
On Twitter they diverted me back to the contact centre.
Main point is, there is no more issue.

Thank you
indomie, crackjack, Tulene and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.