Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Any platinum (or Gold) members Based in Doha

Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist

Hello if anyone travels regularly on Qatar Airways and is gold card or above and wants to meet with some senior management at Qatar Airways Privledge Club next week (will probably be during office hours) to an informal focus group about the programme please let me know as I have mentioned previously in a thread here of this
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Hello if anyone travels regularly on Qatar Airways and is gold card or above and wants to meet with some senior management at Qatar Airways Privledge Club next week (will probably be during office hours) to an informal focus group about the programme please let me know as I have mentioned previously in a thread here of this
I would love to, but I fear that it's going to be in Doha. I'm willing to make the time in my schedule, -- would they throw in a roundtrip ticket to from Bangkok to Doha? Not looking for a free vacation, I'm willing to fly in and return the same day to convince them of my sincerity, if necessary (although one night would be restful, -- I'll pay for the hotel). If they're interested, I'm QRPC PLT and letting it expire, now crediting everything to AA; although I fly QR a lot in paid J (I'm letting a double qualification, qualified for two more years in one, run out).

Perhaps they're sufficiently interested in why I have abandoned QRPC that they'd be willing to give me an otherwise empty seat to go there and explain.
Justin Case and AbuCordoba like this.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Sep 2, 2019 at 2:12 am
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Perhaps they're sufficiently interested in why I have abandoned QRPC ...
Ditto, unfortunately I won't be in DOH but more than happy to give you some feedback to share with them as to why I have zero interest in crediting to QRPC any longer and will be letting my Platinum status lapse.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Ditto, unfortunately I won't be in DOH but more than happy to give you some feedback to share with them as to why I have zero interest in crediting to QRPC any longer and will be letting my Platinum status lapse.
Yes, that would be a good opportunity - Ill be in DOHA (but just transit at the airport) on Saturday...too early and too short (3hrs)...
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the comments...unfortunately I doubt they will be willing to fly people in for the focus group (at least for this occurrence but will float the idea as I mentioned there is an active contributors on FT with regards to QR).

They appear to be quite out of touch with our grievances on QR and more specifically the loyalty programme and hence why the need for the focus group. If people have comments and questions to be addressed I will do my best to collate and gather some sort of response.
toastedcafe, mpkz and Traveller999 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Thanks for the comments...unfortunately I doubt they will be willing to fly people in for the focus group (at least for this occurrence but will float the idea as I mentioned there is an active contributors on FT with regards to QR).

They appear to be quite out of touch with our grievances on QR and more specifically the loyalty programme and hence why the need for the focus group. If people have comments and questions to be addressed I will do my best to collate and gather some sort of response.
Out of touch is an understatement. I love how they devalued the miles and yet still love to have the x2 miles on so many reward flights.
I live in Doha, but there is nothing enduring about a company that does not bother to contact me directly to ask for my help! Besides, Why the hell do we have to cut into our work day to go to them? Crossing Doha sucks. Why not make it easier, like a Friday or Saturday at the Oryx Rotana. They could do it over dinner and drinks at the Cellar restaurant. OR... they could start by READING our posts on FT. Heck, they could even open a FT account and post questions here! #stillclueless :/
NoY and mpkz like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: QR Plat
Nothing screams "we are interested in our premium customers" more than "show up at our office, during business hours".

-A
NoY, mpkz, dragman and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

hahah ok perhaps I am being unfair on them, they suggested after 3.30 they are happy to do, however I do not finish work usually until 7ish so for me makes no difference at 3.30 or anytime during the day, but it is easier for me if its at 12ish so I can have a lunch at the same time (or they may provide it! who knows) its their first ever foray as I understand it attempting to connect with their passengers in such a format.
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by AbuCordoba; Sep 2, 2019 at 9:14 am
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
hahah ok perhaps I am being unfair on them, they suggested after 3.30 they are happy to do, however I do not finish work usually until 7ish so for me makes no difference at 3.30 or anytime during the day, but it is easier for me if its at 12ish so I can have a lunch at the same time (or they may provide it! who knows) its their first ever foray as I understand it attempting to connect with their passengers in such a format.
With all due respect to you @AbuCordoba, It is a nice gesture for you to try to coordinate this event. However, it shows how absolutely inept the Privilege Club team are at QR to have to use you as a conduit. If they really wanted to conduct a focus group, they have a rich data bank they could mine for Plats who live in Doha. If the intention is to focus on the Plats who give a damn about the program, well, they can easily find us here on FT.
HEY PRIVILEGE CLUB MANAGEMENT! Did you read the above? If so, stop your lurking and start engaging!
PS: No more terrible YouTube videos from Jake. Hint, VALUE = BENEFITS-COSTS it is not defined by the weight of a card!
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Nothing screams "we are interested in our premium customers" more than "show up at our office, during business hours".
Or, depending on whether the glass is half empty or half full, "We would like to hear your opinions. We invite you to our offices in the late afternoon of [date] to chat with us about what you like and don't like about the Privilege Club. We hope that you'll be able to join us." Some people will be able to make it, others won't. IMO QR isn't being insensitive or deaf about this.
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
PS: No more terrible YouTube videos from Jake. Hint, VALUE = BENEFITS-COSTS it is not defined by the weight of a card! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vY2QSF3Gw
Hahaha, I like that comment!!
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Or, depending on whether the glass is half empty or half full, "We would like to hear your opinions. We invite you to our offices in the late afternoon of [date] to chat with us about what you like and don't like about the Privilege Club. We hope that you'll be able to join us." Some people will be able to make it, others won't. IMO QR isn't being insensitive or deaf about this.
They were "deaf" in the past for sure, but maybe they recently got some "treatment" in that concern ;-)
At least it is a sign that maybe they start to listen and hopefully will start to TAKE ACTION accordingly!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
It would be helpful for this thread to be constructive opposed to whinging and complaining.

The OP is trying to make changes for the better, so either get on board and help, or stay silent and dont complain. You cannot have both.

FT is a tiny group of QR passengers, and one must not assume we are important - but again, either back the OP and help make the focus group useful, or stop typing.

Well done to the OP for making this happen, and for taking action opposed to being a keyboard warrior.

M
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure, would be great if you float the idea past them. If they decline, no problem, of course. Seems to me that I'm exactly the customer they want. I earned >1,200 QPoints in a single year, thus qualifying me for two additional PLT years. I credited everything, on all OW carriers, to QR. Now I credit everything to AA, where I am EXP with crazy high EQDs. Anyway, up to them. And kudos to you for helping to make this happen. I don't see any way that this won't benefit us.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately I'm not resident in Doha and couldn't make such a meeting within a week, but appreciate the effort. I'm in very much the same boat as Dr HFH, having effectively 'double qualified' as QR Plat in a year....but due to changing flight patterns for me (and additionally in no small part the now grossly devalued and increasingly harder to redeem QRPC) have followed his and others suggestions are am now crediting everything to AA. I didn't time the switch ideally with it being the latter part of the year but will still make Platinum Pro by year end through long distance paid J travel.

Ironically have just received my first 'thud factor' QR Platinum membership card.....my 13 year old daughter thought it was very impressive! Unfortunately, for me I'd quite happily go back to the old black plastic if some unraveling of the QRPC 'enhancements' was undertaken.

Edit to Add: But.....by making the switch to the AA program, I guess QR will benefit as my flight patterns necessitate I keep flying QR for the bulk of my travel and I'll not now be tapping them up for free flights here and there.

Last edited by Kwanger; Sep 4, 2019 at 12:52 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.