Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking in / Baggage drop at Edinburgh

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by indomie
As QR Gold, we got a menu card that allowed us to order regular food in addition to a small spread laid out in the lounge. The bar staff were all friendly and helpful. As a J passenger, I assume you'll get the menu card as well.
Everybody gets it...
indomie likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by weegraeme
. . . . and get something resembling breakfast in a lounge?
Sparse breakfast offerings in the BA Lounge. I've not been in No 1 since it moved location a few months ago, but if the food choices are the same as before you're allowed one hot item off the menu which included a bacon roll. Broon or red sauce available.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: QR Gold/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Everybody gets it...
Hahaha, thanks for clarifying this.. made me chuckle.

When we were finishing the lounge check-in, the agent leaned to her partner and said "Qatar Gold" and the menu cards were then retrieved and passed on to us. I assumed there was a connection, but maybe they were just keeping track of how people were getting in.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by indomie
I just flew out of Edinburgh two weeks ago... the car return facility is about a five minute walk to the terminals. If it's raining, good luck as only about a third of the walk is covered. We were blessed with nice, sunny weather.

It's a pretty tiny airport, so it won't take long to get in and to the lounges. Check in lines for Qatar are 7-9 (I believe) which is further from where you get in post-rental return... you'll enter the terminal near the higher numbers.

We didn't do the BA lounge as the #1 lounge was two gates from our departure gate. As QR Gold, we got a menu card that allowed us to order regular food in addition to a small spread laid out in the lounge. The bar staff were all friendly and helpful. As a J passenger, I assume you'll get the menu card as well. I don't mind walking the distance myself.

​​​​​​​My suggestion due to your concerns about bags and your co-traveler's mobility (and the walk from the rental return area) is to have an Uber take them and the luggage from the hotel to the terminal where they can wait a few minutes for you to return the car. I doubt it'll take you more than ten minutes, walk included, to get to the terminal. Drop off was a breeze (at noon).
Thanks for that. Maybe I'll drop the car off the night before and then use Uber. I've never used Uber before. But at home, sometimes taxis aren't keen to take very short hires. I thought Uber might have been the same.

Last edited by weegraeme; Sep 1, 2019 at 5:46 pm Reason: Added last line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.