Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 hour layover in DOH?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation 2 hour layover in DOH?

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered before, but, my search didn't yield any results and I am a bit pressed for time. Is a 2-hour layover in DOH enough or is that too tight? The flights I am looking at arrives at 5:30 AM and the departing flight is at 7:30 AM. Flight reports indicate the inbound flight to be often delayed by 30 mins or so. Looking to book business (if that changed anything).

Appreciate all help.

Regards
Veer
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Enough time to have a one hour delay and still not worry over it.

-A
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:48 pm

Veer Jugpal the Minimum Connection Time at DOH is 45 minutes and transfers can be managed in even less time if you are prepared. So there is no real problem to worry about.
Take a look at the QR dashboard widget about-doh-airport for advice about transitting. Even though 2 hours is not a short connction follow the link to 'short connections' where there are tips about what to do in various situations.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Enough time to have a one hour delay and still not worry over it.
What s/he said.
florin likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Plenty of time for a 30 minute delay and a refresh in the lounge.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Yes, more than enough time for a shower too even. Thousands of these types of connections are made each day.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:25 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
While 2 hours is plenty (many of us have done 35 minute stops in the past), it would help to tell is your routing.

I ask this, because for certain destinations, a small delay is irrelevant. BKK, for example, is almost a shuttle service!

However, for certain destinations where there is just 1 flight a day, a 90 minute delay on your first flight could turn into a 24 hour delay.

M
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
And if you are on one through or two separate tickets...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much

Thank you all so much for the answers. Makes me feel at ease a bit.

The situation was coming in from Singapore and leaving for LAX with a 2 hr 10 min connection time, booked not as a single journey but multi stop all with QR. The original itinerary from SIN to LAX was offering much longer connections, however, I did see the same itinerary I was trying to build offered by QR at a premium.

Regards
Veer
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Whether you booked as a multi-stop would only be relevant in the case where you have two tickets, which is doubtful with the facts you have presented.
If SIN-DOH were heavily delayed, QR will put you another service to the US and a B6 or AA onward to LAX; the only downside is that you wouldn’t get as much time up in the air in QR J. A first-world problem
Veer Jugpal likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Veer Jugpal
Thank you all so much for the answers. Makes me feel at ease a bit.

The situation was coming in from Singapore and leaving for LAX with a 2 hr 10 min connection time, booked not as a single journey but multi stop all with QR. The original itinerary from SIN to LAX was offering much longer connections, however, I did see the same itinerary I was trying to build offered by QR at a premium.

Regards
Veer
i’m still not clear from your description if you mean you chose the multi stop option for QR to buy as one ticket or booked two separate tickets.

in the latter case I would definitely not consider 2 hours enough if only because qr are notorious for changing flight times and won’t offer you free changes if the changes are below 2 hours from original, so that your expected 2 hour may well become zero (or negative) by the day you fly.

so if you book two separate journeys I’d allow a lot longer especially if your trip is not imminent. If this is a through ticket 2 hours is plenty as qr would rebook you anyway if your connection becomes undoable.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Curious about how DOH is these days. Is 2 hours still enough? I'd be in QR J on separate PNRs, no status.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Curious about how DOH is these days. Is 2 hours still enough? I'd be in QR J on separate PNRs, no status.
Depending on your routing, 2 hours is still plenty.

M
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Depending on your routing, 2 hours is still plenty.

M
SIN to JFK, via DOH.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
SIN to JFK, via DOH.
As it's a US departure then, you'll have an extra layer of security at the JFK gate.

With 2 hours you'll be fine. You may not have a lot of lounge time, but I'd be comfortable risking it.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.