Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent Experiences onboard QR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
IMO the crew could help themselves by ensuring the menus were already at the seat when you boarded.Surely this would speed up the meal ordering process . I have been on flights a few years ago, where the menu was already at your seat.

i have flown suites several times now and service is definitely slower and more haphazard.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:55 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
IMO the crew could help themselves by ensuring the menus were already at the seat when you boarded.Surely this would speed up the meal ordering process . I have been on flights a few years ago, where the menu was already at your seat.

i have flown suites several times now and service is definitely slower and more haphazard.
i agree.

having been initially very impressed by Qsuite, I now feel the reverse herringbones are more comfortable though less private, particularly for sleeping. I like the storage aspect of Qsuite, therefore making it somewhat better for day flights. Though service is indeed generally worse on Qsuite (there was one exception when I had an excellent crew from JFK, though terrible food!)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:35 pm

I usually travel a lot on QR especially Qsuites. I find that if the Qsuite cabin is half full or even 30% full, the service is a top notch and the crews interact with the passengers often. But if it's 70% full or almost full, the crews are usually rushed and sometimes forget to refill the drinks as they try to pay more attention to the other passengers and don't interact with them.

That said, I usually sit in the rear cabin of both A350 and B77W because it's a small cabin which makes things easier for the crew and they usually pay more attention to the passengers there. The service there is still a top notch!

I sat in the front cabin of both A350 and B77W twice and the service was below par due to full front cabin. I sat once in the front cabin of Qsuite which was like 30% full and the service was awesome!

SQ crews are hands down when it comes to full cabin due to better communication in the galleries. QR is still my first preference and I'm still happy to fly with them, whether it's Qsuite or not.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I got a disaster experience in April flying J Sin-Doh.
A359 QSuite.

Crew awful, no welcome drink, last to get pajamas and no more size available (even after requested one during boarding), it's like the crew was away during this flight... almost no service.. no care for my Emerald QR ether.

Wifi was not working during all the flight (crew pretended that it was a problem because Indian airspace, it was a server problem (no login) - new aircraft)
HDMI was defect and shuted down my IFE, unusable.

I told the MDC that I will report for this awful flight, she was not interested (same as Doha QR CS after I sent email).

​​​​​​As upgraded J I did not get Al Mourjan access, wifi was not working in the first lounge / business lounge... all my work was blocked... lounge dragon confirmed the problem but nobody know when IT will come and fix.
​​​​​
Hopefully most of my J experience are better than that.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Wifi was not working during all the flight (crew pretended that it was a problem because Indian airspace, it was a server problem (no login) - new aircraft)
HDMI was defect and shuted down my IFE, unusable.
I find most crew to have little knowledge of how the datalink system works in general, most don't even know that Indian airspace is a dead zone (due to local regs in India).

-A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.