Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Snack Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Qatar Snack Question

I recently flew Qatar business ORD to DOH to NBO and back. They offered a chocolate covered freeze dried fruit mix in a snack pack on the 787 NBO to DOH (equipment change for Nairobi). They were great, but unfortunately I can't remember who makes them. Can somebody help me remember so I can try to find them??
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Slightly off topic, but I figured I’d ask given the lack of available info on this route after the airspace restrictions. How was the soft product, food, service, etc on this route in comparison to the flight from ORD?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

This is my second time on that RT DOH to NBO in two years. The food choices are obviously not as plentiful, but good nonetheless. Service is normally comparable to the longer duration flights.

That being said the ORD to DOH flights were less than expected both ways. Hard product Q suites were amazing. But no large PJs offered - ran out both ways and only had medium. Both flights also ran out of entrees and people around me had to pick something else. Surprising to me for long haul in the world's "best business class".

This flight NBO to DOH was interesting. I left NBO the day after the workers strike where the military took over the airport. Apparently av fuel was running low at NBO so they consolidated flights and brought a 787 with fuel to return. Definitely nice to get reverse herringbone 787 instead of an old pattern A320.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by EBish
I recently flew Qatar business ORD to DOH to NBO and back. They offered a chocolate covered freeze dried fruit mix in a snack pack on the 787 NBO to DOH (equipment change for Nairobi). They were great, but unfortunately I can't remember who makes them. Can somebody help me remember so I can try to find them??
Do you mean the Landgarten Organic Berries in Chocolate? Yes, they are incredibly addictive - I may have a habit of raiding the bowl in the A380 bar for them ...
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Do you mean the Landgarten Organic Berries in Chocolate? Yes, they are incredibly addictive - I may have a habit of raiding the bowl in the A380 bar for them ...
YES! Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
That being said the ORD to DOH flights were less than expected both ways. Hard product Q suites were amazing. But no large PJs offered - ran out both ways and only had medium. Both flights also ran out of entrees and people around me had to pick something else. Surprising to me for long haul in the world's "best business class".

May I ask what row you were sitting in? Although I hear many stories of QR running out of first entree choices in the rows near the rear of the cabin, I’ve never heard of them running out of PJs especially on a North American sector.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fender5787

May I ask what row you were sitting in? Although I hear many stories of QR running out of first entree choices in the rows near the rear of the cabin, I’ve never heard of them running out of PJs especially on a North American sector.
3K both ways. My friend in 5K had the same experience both ways. Now we were the last to show up for ORD to DOH due to a previous flight mechanical issue, but were the first on board DOH to ORD. Thats the last time I don't pack PJs on a long haul overnight.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
3K both ways. My friend in 5K had the same experience both ways. Now we were the last to show up for ORD to DOH due to a previous flight mechanical issue, but were the first on board DOH to ORD. Thats the last time I don't pack PJs on a long haul overnight.
Wow, 3K and they already ran out of large pajamas? Oooof. Was the flight super packed?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fender5787

Wow, 3K and they already ran out of large pajamas? Oooof. Was the flight super packed?
Yes, full.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Here's a pic of the choc covered fruit snack, my kids love it too
Hope they have it on-board for my upcoming flight to PHL/JFK

Here's the link to their website - it's based in Austria but doing business hosted on a UK web domain, interesting ...

https://landgarten.co.uk/

nilsfr69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.