Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar first class in FRA airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Any update on the lounge situation at Frankfurt T1?

I will be flying from there early tomorrow evening, but according to the QR site their lounge there, the LH Business Lounge is closed, and it seems that Priority Pass and Lounge Key only offer the Luxx Lounge which is landside!

Seems a pretty poor show for one of Europe's largest airports!
I just flew out of FRA on QR last week. The LH C lounge closer to the departure gate (right next to it) is closed. The closest lounge to my departure gate was the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, which was just a two-minute walk and up some escalators. I had used the 'contracted' LH C lounge available, but it was quite far away, and crowded (I didn't know where it was in relation to my departure gate or the Air Canada lounge after I first went through security and such). I felt quite a bit of relief arriving at a peaceful Maple Leaf Lounge after the miserable, crowded LH one. In all fairness, there was a flight leaving right below on Air Canada, so that might explain their empty lounge! When I went up the escalator to it, I had to cut through a loooooong line of people boarding a flight (or maybe two) to Canada.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Many thanks. Maple Leaf Lounge it will be!
Paella747 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:11 am

In my experience, the Air Canada lounge is WAY better than any of the Lufthansa options at Frankfurt. If you can get in on a QR journey I would definitely recommend it.
Paella747 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KingCanute
In my experience, the Air Canada lounge is WAY better than any of the Lufthansa options at Frankfurt. If you can get in on a QR journey I would definitely recommend it.
+1
Paella747 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Shall be departing from FRA to Doha on Business Class ticket in a week's time and also am a One World Emerald member (Qatar Platinum). Was able to use the LH First Class Lounge previously. Can someone kindly advise as to what the situation is now?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
Shall be departing from FRA to Doha on Business Class ticket in a week's time and also am a One World Emerald member (Qatar Platinum). Was able to use the LH First Class Lounge previously. Can someone kindly advise as to what the situation is now?
I flew QR J from FRA-DOH in May 2022 and was given access to LH Business class lounge only as Emerald. No access to LH Senator lounge which I was told is only for QR F class pax. I don't think QR has F service from FRA-DOH at this time.

LH Business lounge is not worth visiting IMO. AC Maple Leaf lounge may be open now. If so, it may be better to visit instead and also is closer to QR gate.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Thanks aglp2k for your advice. I shall be able to find out more next week and report back.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:25 am

The CX Lounge at FRA is permanently closed. The JAL lounge is very mediocre, even worse than some Priority Pass lounges I've seen. Masks are also required within that lounge (whilst not required in the airport terminal itself) and additionally the First Class section of the JAL lounge remains closed. I honestly wouldn't bother with the effort and trek to move terminals to use the JAL lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:53 pm

My mum flew ex-FRA on QR last week and was sent to the AC MLL.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I did use the Maple Leaf lounge at Frankfurt. I thought it was pretty good.

The food selection and general atmosphere is definitely better than that in the JAL lounge over in T2, plus they had a wheat beer on tap!

The only issue is, it closes quite early - virtually as soon as the last flight to Canada is called for boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.