Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Our telephone contact centres have reopened

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver

28 March 2019,
We are always looking for ways to improve your experience with us and reward you for your trust in us. At Privilege Club, you are our top priority and your feedback is very important.

Based on your valuable feedback, we have been reintroducing our member services at our contact centres, to be fully rolled out in the month of April. Our agents will now be empowered to assist you with any of the following services:

• Redeeming award tickets on Qatar Airways and partner airlines
• Award upgrades
• Date change of award tickets
• Refunding award tickets and Qmiles
• Retro claims on Qatar Airways flights
• Privilege Club offer registrations
• Membership card replacement request
• Password resets

With your convenience in mind, we will continue to improve our online functionality, and some account activities will remain exclusively online for your security. These include: nominating family members, profile updates, buying, gifting, and transferring Qmiles, excess baggage redemptions, and extending or revalidating your Qmiles.

Our team is striving to provide you with the premium service that you deserve. Expect further improvements throughout 2019.

We thank you very much for your loyalty and appreciate the time and effort you take to make Privilege Club better.

Sincerely,

Jacob Garlan Miller
Vice President of CRM & Customer Loyalty
florin likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
QPRC telephone contact to reopen

Just had an email from qrpc that telephone support will reopen from April good news

We are always looking for ways to improve your experience with us and reward you for your trust in us. At Privilege Club, you are our top priority and your feedback is very important.

Based on your valuable feedback, we have been reintroducing our member services at our contact centres, to be fully rolled out in the month of April. Our agents will now be empowered to assist you with any of the following services:

• Redeeming award tickets on Qatar Airways and partner airlines
• Award upgrades

Last edited by spec119; Mar 28, 2019 at 4:07 am Reason: More info
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Sure didn't take long for EVERYBODY rush here to post that :-)

The interesting tidbit I'm curious about:

"date change of award tickets"

Will that actually *gasp* be possible going forward?
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Telephone contact centres have reopened

Based on your valuable feedback, we have been reintroducing our member services at our contact centres, to be fully rolled out in the month of April. Our agents will now be empowered to assist you with any of the following services:• Redeeming award tickets on Qatar Airways and partner airlines
• Award upgrades
• Privilege Club offer registrations
• Membership card replacement request
• Password resets
With your convenience in mind, we will continue to improve our online functionality, and some account activities will remain exclusively online for your security. These include: nominating family members, profile updates, buying, gifting, and transferring Qmiles, excess baggage redemptions, and extending or revalidating your Qmiles.Our team is striving to provide you with the premium service that you deserve. Expect further improvements throughout 2019.We thank you very much for your loyalty and appreciate the time and effort you take to make Privilege Club better.

A step in the right direction
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Better late than never, now bring back the old redemption chart, or reasonable redemption cost, and i might consider flying Qatar Airways again.
For now still happy with my Oman Air, China Eastern and Turkish Airlines bookings.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Good news! I'd rather they reinstate lounge access on upgrades though
SullyofDoha, NoY and mpkz like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Did you notice they DID NOT INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER LOL
jah718, NoY and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:49 am

At last some bit of good news and progress from QRPC, this is very welcome indeed.

There was nothing more frustrating than ringing up QRPC, waiting on hold for an age, to then be told that the only thing the phone operators were allowed to do was to tell people to use the website.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Too little to late...
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Some
So if 'feedback' is so important, why didn't QR ask members beforehand if they valued being able to use the contact centre before removing access to it? How much 'feedback' did QR really need to receive to tell them this was a terrible idea?

Unfortunately, I'm also in the too little, too late camp. Sure there'll just be another negative change with no warning or consultation very shortly to compensate for the cost of this.
NoY and Alfredbali like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: qr
Whatever the reasons around the reinstatement of the contact centres and support for quite a few functions it maybe good news for PC members ( or ones that remain) That said my personal experience pre removal was very positive on a number of queries I called up about All were resolved over the phone very efficiently. I do however, recall a number of FT members reporting of difficulties and frustrations on their specific requests being resolved and it did depend on the agent and geographic area called. So I do wonder if the revised service with be what we would expect from this service and will they be able to do what it says on the tin. The other aspect is over time and staff attrition rates will the agents have been given suitable training ( or re-training) to offer an effective service. If not I feel this will open a whole new chapter of complaints around ineffectiveness of the "new service" being offered. I guess time will tell and I intend to have a crack at it next month sometime to source some redemption flights!!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: qatar
Too little, too late after last May enhancemenents I didn’t book any more flights, my gold status will vanish in few weeks and than I will not rely anymore on these programs especially on PC. I will just fly with the cheapest option!
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
Too little, too late after last May enhancemenents I didn’t book any more flights, my gold status will vanish in few weeks and than I will not rely anymore on these programs especially on PC. I will just fly with the cheapest option!
Totally agree with you how much extra money we spend to earn status like you say best to save money on the current best offers
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: qatar
Furthermore they continually change the qpoint earnings, this makes it very difficult to plan your flights in advance to maintein the status, and even in economy saver now they use promo booking classes with very low qpoints earnings, what is the point to have economy saver with economy promo booking classes? Why did they silently change the economy saver whose earning were already devaluated?
QA lost my trust, cannot rely anymore and invest so much for a status that honestly gives you just inferior lounges and few miles since premium lounges are reserved to business class and with a business class ticket you already have all the privileges even without the status, so why to bother for the status...
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
A step in the right direction. I suggest all PC members to reply to the announcement (and copy [email protected]) with a message like:

" Positive move: Now if you could roll back/delete all the absurd/brutal devaluations you introduced at Qatar Privilege Club, I am pretty sure that thousands of loyal Platinum, Gold (who practically stopped flying Qatar Airways) will come back (provided that Qatar Remains in OneWorld alliance).
A strategy that could potentially bring back lots of customers is to relaunch the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign,
Please forward this message to Mr Jacob Garlan Miller
"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.