Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles in J offer on QR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Double miles in J offer on QR

Saw an add from QR in the local newspaper with this link, thought of sharing it, couldn't see if it has been posted before? Apologies if it has or if this is a regular occurrence, I don't usually fly QR.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-tz/o...ium-offer.html

● This offer is applicable to Privilege Club main members.
● Booking Period: 7 January 2019 to 28 February 2019.
● Registration period: 7 January 2019 to 5 March 2019.
● Travel Period:7 January 2019 to 11 December 2019.
● To be eligible for this offer, members need to register for this offer on or before 5 March 2019 by logging into their account at qmiles.com and selecting this offer from "My offers" on your dashboard menu. Member whose travel date is before 5 March 2019 should register at least 24 hours prior to travel.
● To be eligible for Bonus Qmiles members need to ensure they quote their Privilege Club number at the time of booking or check-in so that bonus Qmiles can be credited automatically after travelling.
● If the passenger is not a Privilege Club member they can enrol at qmiles.com; offer registration will be available for new enrollees within 24hrs from the time of enrolment.
● Existing tickets issued prior to the offer booking period; will not be eligible for the promotional bonus, if reissued during the offer period.
● Members will earn bonus Qpoints and Qmiles over the Base Qpoints and Qmiles earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period.
● Offer is applicable only for flights operated and marketed by Qatar Airways.
● Tier Bonuses, promotional bonus and family accrued Qpoints and Qmiles will not be taken into account in the calculation of the offer bonus.
● Bonus Qpoints and Qmiles are calculated based on the combination of Booking Date, Flight Date, Cabin and Fare Family Purchased.
● Offer is applicable only for flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways.
● In case of over lapping campaigns, members will get the highest bonus currency.
● Term currency refers to Qmiles, Qpoints or Qcredits.
● Members may use this offer more than once during the offer period.
● Offer is not applicable for tickets booked prior to booking period start date and after booking period end date.
● Should you have any queries regarding this offer, please quote the offer code: 1812PC091 when you contact our Member Service Centre.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
I am thinking if QR will have this kind of offer after this? I have a round trip, SOF-DOH-PVG roundtrip, the first half will be flown in April, I am still waiting on the final confirmation so I didn't book yet. Probably will miss the deadline Feb. 28. I am looking if I can rush to QR Plat this year or I should swap to another OW program ASAP.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
I am thinking if QR will have this kind of offer after this? I have a round trip, SOF-DOH-PVG roundtrip, the first half will be flown in April, I am still waiting on the final confirmation so I didn't book yet. Probably will miss the deadline Feb. 28. I am looking if I can rush to QR Plat this year or I should swap to another OW program ASAP.
I am in a similar predicament too. This offer ,with the trip I would book would give me just shy of q points I need to prequalify for Gold - not interested in Plat. However if I were to credit to BAEC ( given threat to leave One World I would get equivalent with them for the one trip , thats providing that QR stay a member.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Not sure about BA. Would they give you the same equivalent of miles AND STATUS points? All the double miles offer i knew referred to only distance miles (and EK recently cheat me applying the double only to "basic" miles defined as cheapest economy miles, although i was travelling on a C ticket). The beauty of this QR offer is for me that it applies to STATUS points as well..making this the best option for a Oneworld status run that I am aware of.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by homer3152
Not sure about BA. Would they give you the same equivalent of miles AND STATUS points? All the double miles offer i knew referred to only distance miles (and EK recently cheat me applying the double only to "basic" miles defined as cheapest economy miles, although i was travelling on a C ticket). The beauty of this QR offer is for me that it applies to STATUS points as well..making this the best option for a Oneworld status run that I am aware of.
The easiest would be JL's JGC run, and few months ago, MH has the 3x status points offer.........
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by homer3152
More exactly that QR offer, just like previous ones, will give you double miles (and double qpoints) based on what you earn in your booking class (provided it’s business or first class). For example R booking class normally earns 125% of flown miles and will earn 250% of flown miles with this promotion.
For D booking class it will be 350% instead of 175%.
The promotions have no impact/no extra gain on bonus qmiles earned with status which are always 25% of flown miles for Silver, 75% for Gold and 100% for Platinum (whatever is your cabin and booking class).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4

More exactly that QR offer, just like previous ones, will give you double miles (and double qpoints) based on what you earn in your booking class (provided it’s business or first class). For example R booking class normally earns 125% of flown miles and will earn 250% of flown miles with this promotion.
For D booking class it will be 350% instead of 175%.
The promotions have no impact/no extra gain on bonus qmiles earned with status which are always 25% of flown miles for Silver, 75% for Gold and 100% for Platinum (whatever is your cabin and booking class).
I think what Homer meant is that you are getting 2x Qpoints which give you the tier qualification rather than the Qmiles itself
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up Earn 3x Qpoints

Saw this offer today for anyone based in SIN :
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-sg/P...1801EA116.html

To celebrate the launch of Qsuite in Singapore, earn triple Qpoints in Business Class when you book your paid ticket between 17 January and 15 March 2019 and travel until 31 May 2019.
To be eligible for the bonus Qpoints, register for this offer by 20 March 2019 or at least 24 hours prior to travel, whichever is earlier.
To register for this offer, select this offer from “My Offers” on the dashboard menu.
Please ensure that you quote your membership number at the time of reservation or check-in to ensure your Qpoints are credited automatically after travel.
Terms and conditions apply; please review at the time of booking.

Should you have any queries regarding this offer please quote the offer code: 11801EA116 when you contact our Member Service Centre.
Gobber likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Saw this offer today for anyone based in SIN :
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-sg/P...1801EA116.html

To celebrate the launch of Qsuite in Singapore, earn triple Qpoints in Business Class when you book your paid ticket between 17 January and 15 March 2019 and travel until 31 May 2019.
To be eligible for the bonus Qpoints, register for this offer by 20 March 2019 or at least 24 hours prior to travel, whichever is earlier.
To register for this offer, select this offer from “My Offers” on the dashboard menu.
Please ensure that you quote your membership number at the time of reservation or check-in to ensure your Qpoints are credited automatically after travel.
Terms and conditions apply; please review at the time of booking.

Should you have any queries regarding this offer please quote the offer code: 11801EA116 when you contact our Member Service Centre.
On the site they said it offers the 3x Qpoints offer when Sign up, but they didn't say it need to depart from SIN nor arrive in SIN. I'm wondering what if I sign up this offer and fly my SOF-PVG round trip, will I still have the 3x Qpoints?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
On the site they said it offers the 3x Qpoints offer when Sign up, but they didn't say it need to depart from SIN nor arrive in SIN. I'm wondering what if I sign up this offer and fly my SOF-PVG round trip, will I still have the 3x Qpoints?
are you resident of Singapore?

-This offer is only applicable to Privilege Club main members residing in Singapore as per their membership account
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gobber

-This offer is only applicable to Privilege Club main members residing in Singapore as per their membership account
Oh, ok, i see.....
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by salehir
I think what Homer meant is that you are getting 2x Qpoints which give you the tier qualification rather than the Qmiles itself
Yes..thank you salehir! And i still think it is an excellent offer to improve/maintain your oneworld status with a great choice of ME, Africa and Asia destinations ex EU.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Gobber

That makes me think about switching my QRPC address to SIN as it won’t hurt because they don’t seem to regularly mail membership card packages anymore ;-)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Applying offer retroactively

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has already been answered as I am a total QR newbie, but can I apply the double points/miles offer to a ticket I’ve already purchased. Long story short I booked a promo fare in business yesterday from JFK-BKK for April. I saw this offer this morning so I created a privilege club account (normally I’d just credit this trip to AA) and then registered for this promo and then added my itinerary to my new account. Because I technically registered after I booked my ticket, would I still get double points/miles? Further, based on the qpoints calculator, my itinerary would normally net me 160 qpoints so with this offer it would theoretically net me 320 qpoints. Would I then be able to go from burgundy to gold in one shot? The only reason I’d credit this April trip to qrpc is because of the double points/miles offer. Any help would be greatly appreciated and again sorry for any redundant questions. Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.