Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24 hours in DOH First Class lounge?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I think the weird thing is transiting through Doha to Perth rather than flying direct from Hong Kong.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
I think the weird thing is transiting through Doha to Perth rather than flying direct from Hong Kong.
The majority of people on this website literally go out of their way to do routes like this for enjoyment, so I think that is actually the least weird thing about this.

OP, I think you would be crazy to stay in AS for that long, while it is a nice lounge, I didn't find it an overly comfortable place to be, unlike say the Pier lounge in HKG. I would advise going out an staying in a nice hotel for the night, you can still spend a good amount of time in the lounge before departure. Hotels in Doha are good value for money at the moment and it is a quick drive to the city.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I also have a long layover in Doha (31 hours) later this year. Arriving in J and departing in F. It's a QF award flight. I'm staying overnight in a hotel, but our onward flight to PER doesn't depart until 0200 hrs. My plan is to stay awake for the flight as it gets into PER at 1800 hrs local time. I'll be travelling with an elderly relative who won't be that interested in sight seeing, so it'll be a case of waiting at the airport. Being an award ticket issued by another airline, will we have access to the Al Safwa lounge? I was hoping to maybe book sleeping rooms for a while to try and begin to switch my body clock to Australian time.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I did 22 hours in Doha in September; it's much more affordable than places such as Dubai - £7.50 Uber to my Hilton at the beach - decent rate, nice relax and then back to the airport maybe 2.5 hours before the next longhaul.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for this. I have booked their day tour of Qatar for only £15
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etiene

Sorry, I think I should have referred to “+Qatar” - which does exactly the same thing but without the “first flight you could get” requirement.

Looks like it’s no longer free, but unless they’ve changed the rules markedly this year you should qualify:
https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/
Thanks for this. I booke one of their Qatar day tours for 75 QAR
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Update: I took all of the above advise and have done the following:

1. Booked a night at the Warwick Hotel in Doha. I know I'll only be there to sleep but it looks like a steal for £57 a night.
2. Booked a day tour of Doha for the 25th which finishes around 6pm at which point I will head off to the airport to enjoy the First Class lounge!
indomie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.