Wiki Posts
Search

SEZ J arrival?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Question SEZ J arrival?

I'm flying DOH-SEZ in J in a few weeks time. I searched the threads and there's one post from several years ago on this topic and no recent info.

Does QR offer fast track arrivals at SEZ for J? I saw that Air Seychelles offers a paid Fast Track service. I've also read of widely varying waits and service level at SEZ arrivals.

Any recent insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
Does QR offer fast track arrivals at SEZ for J?
Was there in September. You don't need fast track. It's a tiny, tiny airport. Especially if you're in J. It took me longer to walk from the aircraft to the terminal than I waited in line at Immigration.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
No, just walk fast as you get off first....
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Was there in September. You don't need fast track. It's a tiny, tiny airport. Especially if you're in J. It took me longer to walk from the aircraft to the terminal than I waited in line at Immigration.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
No, just walk fast as you get off first....
Actually, IME, you could saunter. Even dawdle. I would expect that you'll be in the Departure area within ten minutes after you deplane.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Thank you for your replies. Does anyone have experience doing a direct connection to HM flight SEZ-PRI booked as a separate ticket? There's a 1005am flight and a 1055am flight. I'd prefer to take the 1005am. We will have carryon only on the QR flight. No doubt, we'll have to check one bag on the HM flight.

Does anyone have experience with HM domestic? If we miss the flight, will they move us to next available flight for free? or will we have to buy a new ticket altogether?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
Thank you for your replies. Does anyone have experience doing a direct connection to HM flight SEZ-PRI booked as a separate ticket? There's a 1005am flight and a 1055am flight. I'd prefer to take the 1005am. We will have carryon only on the QR flight. No doubt, we'll have to check one bag on the HM flight.

Does anyone have experience with HM domestic? If we miss the flight, will they move us to next available flight for free? or will we have to buy a new ticket altogether?

There is a small fee (10 Euro?) to be moved to a different flight - if space available.
They do have bag cutoff time - which I think was 20 minutes - but google that.

The transfer is easy, and takes about 30 seconds to walk to the check in desk (turn right), and then another 30 seconds to get thru security.

Last time we were the only two booked for our flight so they asked us to go half hour earlier for free and then they just cancelled our flight. Enjoy Praslin, beautiful island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.