EDI OW lounge option---> https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/edi/-1
QR have a lounge from this
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
EDI OW lounge option---> https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/edi/-1
QR have a lounge from this
Thanks. I'd seen that but was wondering which of the two lounges - BA vs. No. 1 is the better lounge for the 8.30 am departure.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
i) Can't help here, sorry.
ii) Yes, there is a fast track security lane.
iii) The No1 Traveller Lounge is closed until February 6th due to refurbishment. The BA lounge will be available also, I would say they are both fairly comparable. You have time to try both.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
It depends what you are looking for at 8.30am...

BA lounge has Windows, free pour bar, some breakfast pastries etc but no hot food. No1 has hot food (to order), a tended bar and no windows.

Personally, I'd go to No1 first (for food) then BA to drink and relax.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:26 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by ianwall
It depends what you are looking for at 8.30am...

BA lounge has Windows, free pour bar, some breakfast pastries etc but no hot food. No1 has hot food (to order), a tended bar and no windows.

Personally, I'd go to No1 first (for food) then BA to drink and relax.
My head says that No1 offers 1 complimentary hot meal per QR J passenger, but I might be mis-remembering.

M
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:59 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Personally, I've always liked using the BA lounge vs the No 1 Lounge. The food, though not significant, it generally very decent.

There is fast track security upon departure, which does help a little with the crowding. I have never attempted to use fast track immigration, and it was never explicitly mentioned that a J passenger will have access to it.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
As mentioned above, the No 1 lounge is currently closed for refurbishment, and I think it's moving locations, so there may well be windows in the new lounge... The "hot meal" used to be something like a fish finger wrap, with one fish finger. Having said that, I think the BA lounge has started doing limited hot food at mealtimes

The last time I flew QR ex-EDI, they didn't pay for Fast Track departures. Has this changed?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by kt74
The last time I flew QR ex-EDI, they didn't pay for Fast Track departures. Has this changed?
I've always had Fast Track departures ex-EDI on QR when flying J, though most recently a few months ago
Old May 22, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

So, I did the journey.

There is no fast track provided by QR either on arrival or departure from EDI.

Arrival, we had paid for fast track immigration, which was a waste, as we were the first through immigration.

Departure, we paid for fast track security, but the queue was slow, as all EDI staff use this lane as well.

Did not get to use any lounge as security took over 35 minutes.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
So, I did the journey.

There is no fast track provided by QR either on arrival or departure from EDI.

Arrival, we had paid for fast track immigration, which was a waste, as we were the first through immigration.

Departure, we paid for fast track security, but the queue was slow, as all EDI staff use this lane as well.

Did not get to use any lounge as security took over 35 minutes.
What do you mean? Were you stopped at the entrance and asked to pay or something?

Usually, when depart on QR (or BA for that matter) from EDI, I just head into the priority queue, they see either J or OWE, and no questions asked, they let you pass... Are you saying you have to pay now?
Old May 22, 2019, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
What do you mean? Were you stopped at the entrance and asked to pay or something?

Usually, when depart on QR (or BA for that matter) from EDI, I just head into the priority queue, they see either J or OWE, and no questions asked, they let you pass... Are you saying you have to pay now?
At check in there was no mention of fast track, and I'd prepaid for fast track. So not sure if showing the boarding pass alone would have worked. The OW website does not show fast track services at EDI.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
At check in there was no mention of fast track, and I'd prepaid for fast track. So not sure if showing the boarding pass alone would have worked. The OW website does not show fast track services at EDI.
yeahh they don't ever mention it at check-in, but the boarding pass alone would work because they scan the boarding pass....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.