Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge at SIN?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Which lounge at SIN?

Now that QR has moved to T1 at SIN there is a greater selction of Iounges to use as a OWE. Both QF and BA have their own lounges there in addition to the SATS Premier lounge which seem to be the one QR uses for their business pax.
Which one would be the best option to spend 2-3 hours in? I'd like to take a quick shower, have a meal and a couple of glasses of wine. I have vistied the QF lounge before and enjoyed it, but haven't set foot in any of the others at T1.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by gordon0808
Now that QR has moved to T1 at SIN there is a greater selction of Iounges to use as a OWE. Both QF and BA have their own lounges there in addition to the SATS Premier lounge which seem to be the one QR uses for their business pax.
Which one would be the best option to spend 2-3 hours in? I'd like to take a quick shower, have a meal and a couple of glasses of wine. I have vistied the QF lounge before and enjoyed it, but haven't set foot in any of the others at T1.
Use the QF Lounge to enjoy the things you described.
The BA lounge also has showers and wines but the atmosphere can be a bit cramped.

Last edited by jbfield; Jan 16, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC
You need to check the opening times of the lounges. If you are on the QR 2am flight from SIN your options are limited.

Qantas and BA are open 1500 to 2300, CX from 0400 to 0100 and the other OW airlines are contract arrangements so you can't lounge hop. SATS that QR direct you to is 24hrs.

This write up by Mainly Miles might be worth reading...
https://mainlymiles.com/2018/10/22/qatar-airways-moves-to-changi-t1-this-week-your-lounge-options/
Gobber likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
You need to check the opening times of the lounges. If you are on the QR 2am flight from SIN your options are limited.

Qantas and BA are open 1500 to 2300, CX from 0400 to 0100 and the other OW airlines are contract arrangements so you can't lounge hop. SATS that QR direct you to is 24hrs.

This write up by Mainly Miles might be worth reading...
https://mainlymiles.com/2018/10/22/qatar-airways-moves-to-changi-t1-this-week-your-lounge-options/
I'm on the 8:45 pm flight, so opening hours is not a concern. When you say I can't lounge hop, is that from one contract lounge to another?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm on the 8:45 pm flight, so opening hours is not a concern. When you say I can't lounge hop, is that from one contract lounge to another?

You'll have to let us know which lounge you visited & how it was? I'm on the same flight in Feb.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC
You would only be able to visit CX, BA and QF plus SATA (QR). The other lounges for RJ, AY, MH are third party contract lounges and do not permit access for travellers on other OneWorld airlines or FFP status.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
You would only be able to visit CX, BA and QF plus SATA (QR). The other lounges for RJ, AY, MH are third party contract lounges and do not permit access for travellers on other OneWorld airlines or FFP status.
I realize that. I don't think those airlines even operate out of T1.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fontana
You'll have to let us know which lounge you visited & how it was? I'm on the same flight in Feb.
Well, I have been to the QF one, and can recommend it . Food and drink-wise it is one of the better ones among OW lounges. What I missed was comfortable chairs that could be used for relaxing. I think I will split my time between the QF and the BA, and will certainly report back.
Gobber likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: Amex Plat
With the Mainly Miles detailed report pointing for possible redirect of second tier frequent fliers out of overcrowded facilities (he mentioned QF too) to the SATS lounge, you would normally think to find more tranquility with flying/using home lounges of SQ in Singapore?
Anyway, as I will be flying out in the morning on QR943 (non-QSuite) flight soon, I don't think I'll be using mediocre SATS/Priority Pass Lounge at all (have plenty of this non-sense in Europe).
What is the nicest place/restaurant to spend under 2 pre-departure hours in T1? I know there is a pool/movies/butterfly's (not sure which terminal though) but we will have only 1.5-2hrs at max. thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Gobber
With the Mainly Miles detailed report pointing for possible redirect of second tier frequent fliers out of overcrowded facilities (he mentioned QF too) to the SATS lounge, you would normally think to find more tranquility with flying/using home lounges of SQ in Singapore?
Anyway, as I will be flying out in the morning on QR943 (non-QSuite) flight soon, I don't think I'll be using mediocre SATS/Priority Pass Lounge at all (have plenty of this non-sense in Europe).
What is the nicest place/restaurant to spend under 2 pre-departure hours in T1? I know there is a pool/movies/butterfly's (not sure which terminal though) but we will have only 1.5-2hrs at max. thanks.
QR943 is a qsuite for us as have booked the seats and on a 350-1000 but that is in August. Bit of a pain about lounges but Changi is a nice place anyway as airports go.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Gobber
The pool is in T1 (above the D-Gate Transfer Area).
T1 also has a little outdoor rest area next to the food court near departure immigration but maybe only worth 10 minutes for some fresh air.
Not many restaurants in T1 - There is sn Oleary’s upstairs before the food court and a Chinese Restaurant called Paradise.
You could hop on a SkyTrain to T3 and try WolfGang Puck’s expensive outlet (which I think replaced the Planet Hollywood).

The cinema is in T2 (upstairs just before the sunflower garden) - you could take the other sky train over there but you dont know whats showing until you get there.
Butterflies are in T3 - a little bit small though.

I’ve used most of the airline and contract lounges at Changi (not the BankCard ones or Emirates yet). For OneWorld I still think Qantas lounge when open for a shower and food at a table, then retire to the armchairs is better than the alternatives. BA is ok if quiet but it gets hard to find a seat when busy. SATS is better than it used to be but still sucks. I expect DNATA is off QR’s list.
Tokyoite and Gobber like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:15 pm

I realize that. I don't think those airlines even operate out of T1.
CX is in a physically separate terminal (T4) and they won't let you go there unless you have sufficient time to transfer back to T1.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Definitely recommend the Qantas lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I would honestly recommend the BA lounge. It is really quite a great BA outstation lounge, and whenever I visit, is typically less busy (though still busy!) than the QF lounge.

Also, if one were tempted to visit the CX lounge, do bear in mind that it is located in Terminal 4, which requires one to take a bus to get there from either Terminal 2 or Terminal 3.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
I hadn't even realised my booking in April was from T1 until this thread, all my previous flights have been on the 0205 from T3 which meant I couldnt check in in time to get across to T1, and each time I arrived at Changi far too early. This time I'm on the 21:20 (QR947) departure? So should have access to BA & QF lounges I believe. I presume check in is still 3 hrs before hand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.