Search

Onyx Airport Hotel Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Onyx Airport Hotel Doha

Hey,

I'm flying into Doha and we've booked this hotel for an 8 hour overnight layover but it's quite confusing about where the hotel is and how to find it when flying in.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by eugegall
Hey,

I'm flying into Doha and we've booked this hotel for an 8 hour overnight layover but it's quite confusing about where the hotel is and how to find it when flying in.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks
They have airport signs around and you can always grab an employee to ask directions. Also you can see an airport map via google search.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Also, don't confuse the HIA Onyx with the Onyx Rotana. I've never had STPC given to me at the HIA hotel, but if you have gotten that then I'm very happy for you.

-A
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
If i remember right, it is on the forth floor of the airport, there are a few elevators that gets up there.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:21 am

...3rd floor...see this map. Its above the duty free before immigration.

http://hiahotel.com/Documents/oryx_a...cation_map.PDF
eugegall likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:39 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Hi, glad you haven chosen to fly with Qatar Airways, and as a result pass through our state of the art 'Doha Hamad International Airport'. I am sure you will enjoy the facilities our airport has to offer.

Please note that in order to get to the HIA Airport Hotel, you don't have to leave the airport at all. You just follow 'connecting flights' and then there is good signage around the airport that guide you to it's location. It's on the 3rd Floor, right by the large Qatar Duty Free shops, you will see our iconic yellow teddy bear very close to the elevator that takes you up to the airport hotel.

Enjoy your flight and safe journey with Qatar Airways (goingplacestogether)
eugegall and purple1addict like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Hi, glad you haven chosen to fly with Qatar Airways, and as a result pass through our state of the art 'Doha Hamad International Airport'. I am sure you will enjoy the facilities our airport has to offer.

Please note that in order to get to the HIA Airport Hotel, you don't have to leave the airport at all. You just follow 'connecting flights' and then there is good signage around the airport that guide you to it's location. It's on the 3rd Floor, right by the large Qatar Duty Free shops, you will see our iconic yellow teddy bear very close to the elevator that takes you up to the airport hotel.

Enjoy your flight and safe journey with Qatar Airways (goingplacestogether)
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Will we have the opportunity to collect our suitcases and to check them in the following day before our flight? If we're already through security I can't see how this is possible?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Your luggage will be checked through to your final destination on transits of up to 24 hours. You should take whatever you'll need during transit in your hand luggage.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Your luggage will be checked through to your final destination on transits of up to 24 hours. You should take whatever you'll need during transit in your hand luggage.
Thank god I asked! LOL.

Thank you!!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thank god I asked! LOL.

Thank you!!
Very welcome! This assumes of course that you're transiting on one ticket. Happy travels!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:04 pm

If it is the one in the airport it is very easy to find and if you get the chance it’s worthwhile going for a swim - totally surreal swimming over an airport concourse - very long and narrow pool with dark blue mosaic tiles
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CharlotteC
If it is the one in the airport it is very easy to find and if you get the chance it’s worthwhile going for a swim - totally surreal swimming over an airport concourse - very long and narrow pool with dark blue mosaic tiles
We would love to use the facilities however we arrive at 11:30pm and depart at 8am so won't have much time!

What time do you think we should leave our room for breakfast in the lounge? 6am?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:01 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

just to chime in, so that there won't be any further confusion, the hotel is called Oryx as opposed to Onyx. Both the Oryx Rotana hotel and the HIA Oryx are called so
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
just to chime in, so that there won't be any further confusion, the hotel is called Oryx as opposed to Onyx. Both the Oryx Rotana hotel and the HIA Oryx are called so
Yeah my bad on that one.

We're staying at the airport one. Inside the terminal.

I'm actually really looking forward to it. Sounds like quite a unique thing to try! Although no outside air for the best part of 24 hours will be odd!
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Yeah my bad on that one.

We're staying at the airport one. Inside the terminal.

I'm actually really looking forward to it. Sounds like quite a unique thing to try! Although no outside air for the best part of 24 hours will be odd!
Do check out the pool, which is pretty cool

Safe flight, and Happy New Year.
eugegall likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.