Wiki Posts
Search

Moving on

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Moving on

I'm interested to know how the QR move on the 23.5. affected my fellow travellers. I was excited when QR started flying from HEL, and I suppose they were able to attract many travellers to take QR instead of AY. Personally, since I'm always flying C when flying Long Haul, it was exciting to fly an airline that has a First class cabin. Indeed did I did get to fly their First class between Doha and Bangkok, even upgrading my best friend to First with my points. However, what happened this year I cannot forgive, and I have decided not to fly QR again. I've used my remaining points to redeem a return C ticket to Nagoya on Finnair, and I've already gotten AY Plus Platinum after the May event. With that, I've gotten a number of upgrade vouchers from Finnair, that I have used to book two return fares to the US in economy, both upgraded to Biz. Not quite the QR First, but still. I would love to hear how you, my fellow travellers reacted, and what you got out of all this. It was nice while it lasted, in my opinion.

Last edited by flymetoHEL; Nov 1, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Nothing to stop you flying QR and crediting to Finnair. Stopping flying the airline because you don't like changes to the FFP seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
I'm interested to know how the QR move on the 23.5. affected my fellow travellers. I was excited when QR started flying from HEL, and I suppose they were able to attract many travellers to take QR instead of AY. Personally, since I'm always flying C when taking LH, it was exciting to fly an airline that has a First class cabin. Indeed did I did get to fly their First class, even upgrading my best friend to First with my points. However, what happened this year I cannot forgive, and I have decided not to fly QR again. I've used my remaining points to redeem a return C ticket to Nagoya on Finnair, and I've already gotten AY Plus Platinum after the May event. With that, I've gotten a number of upgrade vouchers from Finnair, that I have used to book two return fares to the US in economy, both upgraded to Biz. Not quite the QR First, but still. I would love to hear how you, my fellow travellers reacted, and what you got out of all this. It was nice while it lasted, in my opinion.
You've lost me. You were flying in F? On QR? From HEL? HELP!!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: qr
Was op not referring to LH first ?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, he's corrected his post; and LH apparently referred to Long Haul.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Nothing to stop you flying QR and crediting to Finnair. Stopping flying the airline because you don't like changes to the FFP seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face
Nothing at all? How about their unfair business practises.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
No, he's corrected his post; and LH apparently referred to Long Haul.
Yes
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:01 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
Nothing at all? How about their unfair business practises.

Are you saying that an airline changing its frequent flier program is an unfair business practice?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
I have stopped booking QR as well, trying to burn 300 k miles and even that I am having problems. found space on cx F that they kept telling me was unaivalable even I could see it on BA. Now it really is not there anymore... My 60 qcredits are going to the thrash bin as I was not able to use them on the flight I wanted. Was the only flight I had left on QR booked last year. This year with the LH / LX F sales I booked a few of those at a very good price 2500, and booked one EK F. Will try Oman Air in a few months, but yes I have given up on QR and will definitively avoid flying them.
Not being able to upgrade to F in advance is an issue for me as I book a minimum of C for LH travels. Not being able to contact someone on the phone regarding all issues QRPC is also unnaceptable. So I am avoiding QR all together.
NoY and Alfredbali like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by gms

Are you saying that an airline changing its frequent flier program is an unfair business practice?
Devaluating its frequent flyer program by 50% overnight without warning is unfair business practise IMO.
​​​​​​Advertising the devaluation as an enhancement is just stupid and insulting to members and customers
makrom likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:40 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Devaluating its frequent flyer program by 50% overnight without warning is unfair business practise IMO.
Advertising the devaluation as an enhancement is just stupid and insulting to members and customers
Most airlines try to spin negative changes to positives in their marketing blurb. I agree that it is insulting and shows they think their customers are idiots.
However, if you signed up to terms that allowed QR to change its program without warning then it's a risk you take.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Where did QR move on 23.5.?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Where did QR move on 23.5.?
From a premium carrier with loyal frequent flyers to an airline which will only exist to offer cut price fares to Europeans wanting to take a holiday in the sun
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mpkz
From a premium carrier with loyal frequent flyers to an airline which will only exist to offer cut price fares to Europeans wanting to take a holiday in the sun
That's a pretty jaundiced view. Still has the best J in OW, if not anywhere. Certainly miles better than EK, EY.
Braniff likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That's a pretty jaundiced view. Still has the best J in OW, if not anywhere. Certainly miles better than EK, EY.
Sure. But effectively having a zero-value FFP really changes the tradeoff between an extra 5 hours of travel time vs. getting there direct or via a European hub with a slightly worse product

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.