Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Any value in spending Qmiles in DOH airport ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH

I did very little flying last year and it's looking like even less into the future. 70K FF miles (which is all I have) will evaporate at the end of the year.
However, I do have one more trip in the pipeline from Oz to the USA to attend a wedding

Is it worth using QR (which is not the cheapest option) and traveling via DOH just to spend my Qmiles on electrical goods, perfume or alcohol.
Does anyone know what sort of value you can get from Qmiles when shopping in DOH ?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by in2it54
Is it worth using QR (which is not the cheapest option) and traveling via DOH just to spend my Qmiles on electrical goods, perfume or alcohol.
Does anyone know what sort of value you can get from Qmiles when shopping in DOH ?
You can buy tickets for the QDF raffles with the QMiles!!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
I only did it many years ago and it was like 60 Qmiles for 1 QAR but it might have dropped since that time...
You’d better convert your Qmiles to Accorhotels points (4500 Qmiles for 1000 Accorhotels points which are equivalent to 20 EUR) than paying extra for a QR flight just to spend your Qmiles ay Duty Free.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:11 pm

Or you could gift your miles to one of your lovely flyertalk buddies. 😁😁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.