Wiki Posts
Search

LHR checkin opening times

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
LHR checkin opening times

Does anyone know if the checkin desks at LHR t4 are open all the time please? We would like to check in more than 3 hours before our flight (it’s at 1255) but don’t want to get there and discover the desks close between flights, many thanks
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I remember going on the QR4 at 15:05 and the check in desks did not open until 3 hours prior to departure.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
And note the lounge also isn’t averse to closing when there are sufficient gaps between flights.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
The QR lounge at LHR is underwhelming so don't rush there!
User Name likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MM00LL2
The QR lounge at LHR is underwhelming so don't rush there!
Huh? Are we thinking of the same lounge? IMHO it's one of the best lounges anywhere, well worth going to for a pre-flight dinner & glass of something nice!

Back on track, QR check-in at LHR T4 used to be open all day but last time I turned up early I had to wait about 25 mins until it reopened.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
A few days ago I was politely told I should arrive 3-4 hrs before flight at check-in, having been delayed en route to Heathrow and getting there with just over 1.5 hrs to spare for the 15.05 (economy seat, flight was half empty so didn’t matter in the end). Implication obviously that it’s open at least 4 hours before.

As an aside the 380 was so empty they closed the front 2 sections of economy completely. I was bumped back to row 80. To balance the cargo.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I have checked in at 9.30am for a 15.00 flight. If you are hand luggage only you can check in at any time. I have checked in at 5.30 am for a 15.00 flight with hand luggage only.

The LHR lounge is superb.
TravelManBiz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.