Wiki Posts
Search

Change destination

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Virgin Red
Change destination

We are travelling this December to Cochin and now want to change the destination to Colombo. Our flights go from LHR via DOH, we only want to change from DOH to COK to CMB.

I have asked Qatar to change them and they have asked for £900 each for the BC seats, I’m not paying that. Can I cancel the DOH to COK flights and book DOH to CMB or do I have to cancel the whole booking? If so what is the charge for cancelling these flights? I want to know my best options for when I phone Qatar back?

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:01 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
If you don't want to pay the change fee, your only option would be to pay the cancellation fee for your whole booking. This will depend on what type of ticket you booked, since the charges vary according to route and ticket type / fare class. If you booked direct with QR they will have shown these charges during the booking process. You may also have received a summary with your booking confirmation email.

I suspect it will be much cheaper for you to just buy a connecting flight from COK to CMB.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You got your only option above.
You cannot simply cancel or not fly DOH-COK.
You have to cancel the whole ticket. The cancellation fee was indicated when you booked
You can call QR to get that information again

As suggested above, an alternative is to buy a separate COK-CMB-COK flight. But there is a single daily nonstop, so you have to see if that works (plus the risk of misconnect)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Virgin Red
Originally Posted by gms
If you don't want to pay the change fee, your only option would be to pay the cancellation fee for your whole booking. This will depend on what type of ticket you booked, since the charges vary according to route and ticket type / fare class. If you booked direct with QR they will have shown these charges during the booking process. You may also have received a summary with your booking confirmation email.

I suspect it will be much cheaper for you to just buy a connecting flight from COK to CMB.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.