Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No Transit hotel due to a later flight added??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Transit hotel due to a later flight added??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
The main reason I didn't contact for STPC when I booked straight away was because previously I have just gone straight to the transfers desk at Doha and sorted out the hotel there.

I never expected oslo to get a second flight therefore that was my only concern when I called customer services.

I spoke to the manager and did try point out different options such as flying out on the second flight but apparently all biz class seats are gone which I fail to believe.

finally he told me that this is a peculiar situation and that he will speak to HQ and get back to me with alternatives or a possible hotel booking.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I booked a QR flight recently to Ho Chi Minh City, and when I asked about the free hotel for my 14 hour stopover in Doha, I was told that because the stopover programme ends Dec 31, 2018 and my flight is in 2019 I was not eligible.

Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:57 pm

Flew AKL-DOH-ARN last March with 8hr10m transfer time. We got a hotel confirmation (stpc) pretty soon. However, at date of travel, a second ARN flight was added apparently, but this didn't affect our reservation and thus we enjoyed the airport hotel!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by salehir
Apparently you should be fine because the customer service rep told me that if i had booked when I booked the flight then I was eligible but not anymore
Technically, that certainly is not the case. Unfortunately, however unfair, the QR rules are very clear and if timetable changes mean that the itinerary would not be eligible to STPC at time of flying, then STPC will be cancelled. It is of course possible that some will go through the net, but remember that even if you had booked before the timetable change, STPC means stopping at the stopover desk where the credentials should normally be checked and unfortunately, given QR's rigid ways, I'd personally fully expect an itinerary that is no longer eligible to see the booking cancelled then.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Technically, that certainly is not the case. Unfortunately, however unfair, the QR rules are very clear and if timetable changes mean that the itinerary would not be eligible to STPC at time of flying, then STPC will be cancelled. It is of course possible that some will go through the net, but remember that even if you had booked before the timetable change, STPC means stopping at the stopover desk where the credentials should normally be checked and unfortunately, given QR's rigid ways, I'd personally fully expect an itinerary that is no longer eligible to see the booking cancelled then.
That seems sounds pretty bad. I have STPC confirmation with layover +- 20 hours (OSL-DOH-MEL). Now with the second flight added from OSL the layover would be less than 5 hours. I didn't receive any cancelation note. As we arrive after midnight it would be bummer (and I would be completely mad) if they tell us at the counter that the STPC is canceled.

Should I verify with them now if the STPC is still valid? Or should I just book +Qatar as a backup? Do they enforce 50 USD no show fee for +Qatar?

Thanks for advice.

Last edited by Dazeq; Jul 30, 2018 at 9:46 am Reason: Wrong qoute
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Dazeq
That seems sounds pretty bad. I have STPC confirmation with layover +- 20 hours (OSL-DOH-MEL). Now with the second flight added from OSL the layover would be less than 5 hours. I didn't receive any cancelation note. As we arrive after midnight it would be bummer (and I would be completely mad) if they tell us at the counter that the STPC is canceled.

Should I verify with them now if the STPC is still valid? Or should I just book +Qatar as a backup? Do they enforce 50 USD no show fee for +Qatar?

Thanks for advice.
In your case, given that you are entitled to the Qatar+ offer (assuming you are flying by year end or the offer is extended again!) I'd definitely either check with them or indeed go straight for Qatar +. The only caveat is that you can only have the Qatar + one way so here I'm assuming you have not used it in the other direction. I personally prefer the Qatar+ offer to STPC as you can choose your hotel (and they are typically nicer than the Oryx Rotana you'll likely get on the STPC), but even if you don't, surely being "downgraded" to Qatar+ is a lot better than risking arriving and having to sort out your own last minute accommodation!

No clue about the no show fee though I'll admit that I would be surprised.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:47 pm

No free meals though with +Qatar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.