Search

What lounge for BA Silver in Y on QR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
What lounge for BA Silver in Y on QR

Son is silver and flying to BKK via DOH in Y

Am i right in thinking silver won’t get him the QR lounge at T4 nor the big one in DOH?

Are there alternatives?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Son is silver and flying to BKK via DOH in Y

Am i right in thinking silver won’t get him the QR lounge at T4 nor the big one in DOH?

Are there alternatives?

at T4 you can use the MH lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
The oneworld website is really great for all lounge access policy questions:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/doh/-1

Which indicates that the Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge is accessible to OW Sapphire flying on any OW airline.

Enjoy!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by thebigben
The oneworld website is really great for all lounge access policy questions:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/doh/-1

Which indicates that the Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge is accessible to OW Sapphire flying on any OW airline.

Enjoy!
In reality the QR business lounge is a owe lounge. Actual business class passengers use the far superior Al majourn lounge in Doha.
Cymro likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:09 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is not a BA issue, we’ll move it to the QR forum.

/mod
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:28 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
In reality the QR business lounge is a owe lounge. Actual business class passengers use the far superior Al majourn lounge in Doha.
The Business Class Lounge is a OWS lounge , OWEs use the similarly less superior First Class Lounge (compared to Al Mourjan for QR Business customers)

I'd say it's not a very good lounge per se, but in my opinion its slightly better than sitting in the terminal
makrom likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by clubeurope
The Business Class Lounge is a OWS lounge , OWEs use the similarly less superior First Class Lounge (compared to Al Mourjan for QR Business customers)

I'd say it's not a very good lounge per se, but in my opinion its slightly better than sitting in the terminal
Debatable, when I was in there it was fairly horrible and crowded with fairly limited warm drinks. However on a couple of occasions the staff on the door have sent me in to the Gold lounge next door despite only being sapphire which is OK.

Before these lounges were built we were allowed in the Al Mourjan lounge but now with the business class lounge being so bad, I try and avoid routes that have stopovers in Doha.
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

...I'd say it's not a very good lounge per se, but in my opinion its slightly better than sitting in the terminal

The times I've used it, it's served it's basic purpose. Kept me out of the shops, given me somewhere to sit with internet access and provided me with food and drink - and the ticketing counter outside is pretty handy. Makes you value more the facilities at Heathrow, but I've come across far worse lounges...
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The times I've used it, it's served it's basic purpose. Kept me out of the shops, given me somewhere to sit with internet access and provided me with food and drink - and the ticketing counter outside is pretty handy. Makes you value more the facilities at Heathrow, but I've come across far worse lounges...
I agree, these 'J' and 'F' lounges definitely serves their purpose, though can be too crowded too as the others have pointed out. Despite that, Al Mourjan isn't immune to this and also gets way too crowded at times. I still feel that these lounges are better than the Escape and Aspire lounges in the UK which is almost always unimaginably packed.

With QR expanding so quickly, I feel that they could at least build a second lounge or expand the terminal and lounges. I can't help but think that there's so much wasted space at Al Safwa given how relatively few people it caters for these days.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
I agree, these 'J' and 'F' lounges definitely serves their purpose, though can be too crowded too as the others have pointed out. Despite that, Al Mourjan isn't immune to this and also gets way too crowded at times. I still feel that these lounges are better than the Escape and Aspire lounges in the UK which is almost always unimaginably packed.

With QR expanding so quickly, I feel that they could at least build a second lounge or expand the terminal and lounges. I can't help but think that there's so much wasted space at Al Safwa given how relatively few people it caters for these days.
The fabled North concourse lounges were designed to share the load. A while ago they were alleged to be nearly ready for opening & several of us reported this on Flyertalk.

Seems to have gone quiet though, maybe the blockade & QR's mounting losses have caused the delay.

Last edited by impeymac; Jul 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.