Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Name Error

Thanks this has now been solved

Last edited by Jonathan Ppang; Jul 7, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:49 pm

I have had several tickets with several airlines where my first and middle names were run together, with my title (Mr) added to the end as you describe.

Has never made the slightest difference at check-in as they dont seem to count the lack of spaces as being a spelling mistake.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

It's very common with OTAs where your First and Middlenames are combined and conjoined with your title. It doesn't actually matter and you won't have any problems whatsoever.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ppang
Hi guys

I booked a ticket via Lycafly today but unfortunately have run into some problems....
We do hear horror stories about name changes, but check-in agents and the systems they use have some leeway in interpretation of names transposed on tickets. From the details you give, it seems to me pretty clear what was intended, and there's little doubt the agent will be able to match you passport to the mangled format on your ticket.

And by the way, you might want to consider whether or not you want to leave your name extant in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.