Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 4:33 am

Same. Moving away after 8 years of loyalty.

Originally Posted by kl1987
I used to be quite the QR advocate and did have a lot of sympathy for them regarding the difficulties the blockade is creating for them.

Well that's in the past and I took my very last QR flight 2 weeks ago.. It started with their prices ex JNB sky rocketing, then with me not being able to redeem qcredits/qmiles after the first "enhancements" and not being able to get support as redemptions are only through the dashboard (even though it wasn't working) and now finally devaluing my qmiles/qcredits without any warning.

In my point of view their actions are completely irrational. Needing revenue but making changes which actively pushes away customers! Maybe it's some sick show of strength to the blockading countries to show them that even though they are making them suffer, Qatar can endure even more suffering (self inflicted) and doesn't need anyone and will not grovel to anyone.

Cheers QR! It's been a great 4 years of only QR but the time has come to say goodbye!
Yenakad, Richard Bell and theox like this.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I am so loyal to Qatar Airways, been a top tier member since 2006 (though just a reader on flyertalk never contributing until recently) ...my relationship has broken down drastically with QA that I have approached Oman Air and Alsaka for status matches to take my international flights and my regional flights because I have had enough, the customer service was their saving grace but I am done with it now. Feel sad for QA as the product is excellent and will probably still fly them occasionally but I will credit the flights elsewhere as the programme has dropped significantly.
Yenakad likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:53 am

Just curious if any one would consider legal action or consumer agencies would act?
Old May 27, 2018, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tboons
Just curious if any one would consider legal action or consumer agencies would act?
like any loyalty, programs are entitled to change the T&C at any moment, without notice. You don't have any contract with QR, so no legal recourse.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
I've just got a modest 41k to burn just enough for a DOH LHR on a Q class ticket but of course it's playing the lottery or do I convert to accor? Feel for you guys with the large balances
Old May 27, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
I flew a long haul J a few weeks ago too with them paid - wish i'd credited it to my BAEC account now as it would have been worth far more in avios for my numerous short euro hops!

Good shout above about booking a long haul CX LHR-HKG redemption. I've got 300k miles so i'll do that and then maybe just keep my eye on QR for sales in J as i do still love the on board service. But wow. This is so so bad.

Any other interesting redemption ideas welcomed!

Happy Sunday everyone!
spec119 likes this.

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I really wonder if they will revise their decision. Sure, not everyone is on FlyerTalk, not everyone knows how loyalty programs work, but I'm sure a lot of people will take their business elsewhere from now on.

Programs: QR Platinum
I have 120,000 Qmiles and 40Qcredits. No idea what to do with them now. Had planned on doing a trip to Tokyo; it was 160,000 miles but now it is 290,000. Very disappointed!
Old May 27, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by delfindo
Qpoint earn rate for Promo/Saver/Group has increased in instances (DOH-AKL, DOH-LHR) and probably over the board.
I agree for DOH-AKL (20 QPoints instead of 14 for Promo and 30 instead of 23 for Saver) but it's still the same for DOH-LHR (10 Qpoints for Promo and 16 for Saver).
Old May 27, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by A380PM
I have 120,000 Qmiles and 40Qcredits. No idea what to do with them now. Had planned on doing a trip to Tokyo; it was 160,000 miles but now it is 290,000. Very disappointed!
JL J return is still 200k miles if you can get to LHR/CDG/FRA - it's a direct flight from there and also better than any QR J product other than Qsuites to me anyway. Would take a look at that.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:29 am

Wow, good that I sensed something beyond what was written on "enhancements" announcement page was coming and decided to spend almost all of my 255K miles yesterday. It was quite nice to see that 1x availability was wide open for most of the routes I looked at pretty much in all cabins, quite a contrast to what it has been a few months ago.
To me there is little doubt that QRPC is almost dead in current form given ridiculous earn/burn ratios. Maybe that is actually what QR wanted to achieve in the first place, who knows...
There is still some concern in my mind though as to how long can the airline last with massive losses as of late, and after that change that will effectively alienate its most loyal customers and advocates.
theox likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
So, any good options for 85k QMiles?
Old May 27, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by maxvor
To me there is little doubt that QRPC is almost dead in current form given ridiculous earn/burn ratios. Maybe that is actually what QR wanted to achieve in the first place, who knows...
QR has never seemed to particularly care about QRPC or about status, so I did wonder this too previously after upgrades stopped giving lounge access and extra baggage allowance. I think QR may have decided they don't want the expense of running a FFP so are basically just trying to kill it now. Shows how far behind QR's management thinking is if so as the likes of AA & BA have FFPs worth into the billions of dollars that both i) drive significant loyalty to the airline and ii) also make money in their own right.

Look on the bright side, if you have 1 million Qmiles still to spend you can book one person a x2 CDG-SYD F return
Old May 27, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Originally Posted by maxvor
Wow, good that I sensed something beyond what was written on "enhancements" announcement page was coming and decided to spend almost all of my 255K miles yesterday. It was quite nice to see that 1x availability was wide open for most of the routes I looked at pretty much in all cabins, quite a contrast to what it has been a few months ago.
There is still some concern in my mind though as to how long can the airline last with massive losses as of late, and after that change that will effectively alienate its most loyal customers and advocates.
I wish i'd had your sense my friend!!!
Old May 27, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
INSANE Qmiles devaluation

Just checked today the latest "enhancement" regarding Qatar Airways Privilege Club, found out that my favorite redemption DPS-CDG doubled in Qmiles price, notwithstanding the added per segment fee and the absence of any customer service.

I think Qatar Airways just shot themselves ( n the head, not on the foot).
spec119 and Traveller999 like this.

Last edited by Alfredbali; May 27, 2018 at 6:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.